Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iframe content scrolling

Hi everybody,
    this is a follow up from anothet thread.
    Does anybody know how to scroll the content of an Iframe without the use of scrollbars?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

How can you scroll without scroll bars? Try using the arrows.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Brad,

maybe I didn't make my self clear. What i mean is that scrollbars are quite unaesthetic inside a browserwhich already has at least one side scroll bar. What I was thinking of is if there is a way that by clicking with the mouse inside the iframe you can acctivate the scroll wheel of the mouse for that Iframe, thus being able to scroll without the presenceof scrollbars. Any tip?
      Navaldesign
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

No, this is not possible.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
          No, this is not possible.
          Thanks. I just thought of a trick. I create a white (or what other color is needed) rectangle over the scroll bar, so it kind of "masks" the bar itself. So by pointing inside the Iframe, the scroll wheel of the mouse works perfectly. However, once I have done it, I found out that it is not so intuitive for the visitor that he has first to point the mouse inside the Ifame to be able to scroll, first because if the Iframe doesn't have any border, he can't see the frame itself, and, second, he can't always know there is still some content to see - depends on the content itself. So, maybe the presence of the scrollbars is useful. However, try http://www.navaldesign.info/menu_ita2.html and then click on Utili Links > Enti

Thankyou guys. I'll be back with some other questions.
          Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
            Thanks. I just thought of a trick. I create a white (or what other color is needed) rectangle over the scroll bar, so it kind of "masks" the bar itself. So by pointing inside the Iframe, the scroll wheel of the mouse works perfectly. However, once I have done it, I found out that it is not so intuitive for the visitor that he has first to point the mouse inside the Ifame to be able to scroll, first because if the Iframe doesn't have any border, he can't see the frame itself, and, second, he can't always know there is still some content to see - depends on the content itself. So, maybe the presence of the scrollbars is useful. However, try http://www.navaldesign.info/menu_ita2.html and then click on Utili Links > Enti

Thankyou guys. I'll be back with some other questions.
            Have a look at my 2 sites, is this what you mean?
            www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
            BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
            Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog
              Have a look at my 2 sites, is this what you mean?
              Kind of, Maddog. I saw your central window (Iframe ) and the scrolling text. What I meant was having such an Iframe and be able to scroll just using the scroll wheel, with no scroll bars visible. Thanks however. Was the scrolling / stopping text created in BluVoda?
              Navaldesign

Comment

Re: Iframe content scrolling

VodaHost >> No, this is not possible.

Have an open mind VodaHost... anything is possiable!!!

Code:
                //captures the Scroll wheel movement and focuses it on the iframe
                //Handle the movement
                function handle(delta) {
                    if (delta <0){ 
                        // fire scroll down event (call a function)
                        scroll('down')
                    }else{
                    // fire scroll up event (call a function)
                        scroll('up')
                    }
                }
                //check for event
                function wheel(event){
                        var delta = 0;
                        if (!event) event = window.event;
                        if (event.wheelDelta) {
                                delta = event.wheelDelta/120;
                                if (window.opera) delta = -delta;
                        } else if (event.detail) {
                                delta = -event.detail/3;
                        }
                        if (delta)
                                handle(delta);
                }
                function scroll(direction){ 
                    if(direction=="up"){
                        var offSet = document.getElementById('testDiv' ).scrollTop - 15;
                    }else{
                        var offSet = document.getElementById('testDiv').scrollTop + 15;     
                    }
                    document.getElementById('testDiv').scrollTop = offSet;
                }

// Initialization code. 
                if (window.addEventListener){window.addEventListener('DOMMouseScroll', wheel, false);}
                window.onmousewheel = document.onmousewheel = wheel;
                I cannot take credit for the above code... though I can't remember where I found it... I use this code to create scrolling div's, virtual select boxes and more... it captures the scroll wheel event and causes it to fire whatever function you would like (or even run code directly) to create a pseudo-scroll effect...

Comment

Working...
                X