different browsers display messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different browsers display messed up

I recently posted my site and it looks fine in IE but other browsers are contorting the images. Can anyone explain what I did wrong?
    Thanks
    Ed

Re: different browsers display messed up

This can happen ... it is important to preview your website in the two most popular browsers, internet explorer IE and Mozilla Firefox FF ...

I viewed your site in both and agree with you, looks fine in IE but not in FF ...

Text tends to drop down lower in FF than in IE .. about 1/4" is what I notice ... so it is important to tweak your pages in between both browsers, finding the perfect mix between the two ...

A few adjustments and you will be fine.

I do however, notice your pages are quite wide, it's fine on my computer screen at 1400 resolution but for those viewing in '800 or '1024 they will have sideways scrolling on the page - most people do not care for that.

It is recommended that you set your page width to the '800 mark or at the very most '1000 mark ... 80% or so viewers are viewing in 1024 or greater, however 20% or so continue to view in '800 ...

You may consider adjusting your page width while tweaking your pages for these browsers ... begin your pages at the top left of the page and keep all elements within the '800 guideline or '1000 guideline, whichever you may choose ...

I also notice some of your images have been reduced on your page physically by yourself. It is also advised for you to reduce your images before placing them on the page ...

You can do so with Voda Host's free offering of the pix resizer found here and once your image is resized, another handy online image optimizer can be found here. The use of both these tools together will greatly optimize your images and again they will look better too.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks so much this forum is fantastic!

Comment

You are welcome, and since you read the post, you might want to read again, a few more tips regarding your images have been left for you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have a similar problem. all my website elements display on IE but the audio recording doesn't appear in Mozilla and i think a previous form at the bottom appears in Mozilla instaed of the current one. I'm a little perplexed!
          Thank you.
          PS the site is www.successlismore.info.
          Thanks again
          Richard

Comment

Working...
          X