Saving pages in specified locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving pages in specified locations

I am working on my site and recently published the main index page, www.nolimitsharks.com

I have created a few pages and will be putting together several more with different sections to the site as I add on and I had a certain naming convention in mind that I cannot seem to get to work.

I have a link on the main page for "Leagues" and I have published a leagues.html file that is correctly being linked from the main page. I then have a link on the leagues.html page point to the carbon.html page. I would like the carbon.html page to be located at:
    www.nolimitsharks.com/leagues/carbon.html so that as I add on more pages they can all be located in logical locations. Instead, carbon.html is currently being published at the location:
    www.nolimitsharks.com/carbon.html

This is not the location I would like to have it published to. Is there a way that I can publish this to the specified location above? I do not know whats it is called when you have sites with multiple "/" in the page names but that is what I am trying to do here. Thanks.

Re: Saving pages in specified locations

If all these pages are published to the same website (and the same domain name) you need to stop adding / to your links, as that would indicate a sub-directory that does not exist.

Your carbon.html is a page within ther nolimitsharks.com website....how you choose to "link" to it page to page is up to you, but don't start monkeying around with the navigation strings, or you will find yourself needlessly out in right field with a big mess to undo.

From nolimitsharks.com/index.html page to nolimitsharks.com/leagues.html to nolimitsharks.com/carbon.html requires placing specific links on each page successively, or direct.

Please review the Tutorial on Linking Your Pages.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You can use whatever structure you need or you think is best for you. However, having different subfolders only makes sense if here are particular needs for file organisation.

I.e., in one of my sites, i have one folder for each design, and all files related to that design are inside that folder (in some cases there are even second level subfolders, like "autocad_designs", "pdf_files", "gallery" and "documents", "private" ).

There is no limit to what you can build as site structure, however avoid complicating the structure if there is no reason to do so.

With this said, regarding your question: to publish the page "carbon.html" in the location (folder) "leagues" you first need to create this folder, either using FTP or file Manager, then, when you want to publish, you type in the "Folder" field "public_html/leagues".
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Not really what he was asking, General....methinks you are confusing this post with the other regarding protected areas and tiered access.......this one is merely linking page to page.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

www.nolimitsharks.com/leagues/carbon.html so that as I add on more pages they can all be located in logical locations. Instead, carbon.html is currently being published at the location:
          www.nolimitsharks.com/carbon.html

This is not the location I would like to have it published to. Is there a way that I can publish this to the specified location above? I do not know whats it is called when you have sites with multiple "/" in the page names but that is what I am trying to do here.
          If this is not about subfolders, i don't know what would be...
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            Not really what he was asking, General....methinks you are confusing this post with the other regarding protected areas and tiered access.......this one is merely linking page to page.
            On the contrary, and i do congratulate you for that post about multiple access levels..
            Navaldesign

Comment

Hi nolimitsharks, go to your C Panel & access your main menu area.
              1. Click on File Manager
              2. Click on the yellow folder public_html (new window will open)
              3. Click on create new folder. (top of page) An entry field area will appear on the right of your screen.
              4. Enter the name of your folder? “leagues” & press create. You will now see it appear in the file manager list.
              5. Wile your in this area, you could create some more folders (carbon) & so on.

Part 2 Publishing.
              When you want to publish your pages to a particular folder/directory you have created! Press the publish button & you will see in the folder field will have public_html. Just change this to public_html/leagues/ or public_html/carbon/ or which ever new folder you have created in the c panel that you would like it to appear in, & then pres publish.

To link too your new pages.

Example.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. navaldesign you nailed what I was looking for I just had a difficult time putting it into words. I now have the carbon.html located at www.nolimitsharks.com/league/carbon.html as opposed to www.nolimitsharks.com/carbon.html which was my goal. I just logged into the ftp and created a folder in the public_html called "league" as you suggested. I then published the carbon.html file to this location and all is well.

Thanks again for the replies.

Comment

Working...
                X