Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats

Why does this happen:

Looked at three counters with these results, just want to know why the different numbers.

geo vistors shows like 17
    Aw stats 3
    Showcase 11
    Google 21

Why do the numbers vary and if they are truly counting the unique visits wouldn't they all receive the same info? Or where are the numbers generated from, which are important or that is to say which can be used to gage the real stats?
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: Stats

Showcase is giving you how many unique hard visitors came from David's thing.
    AW Stats shows you that you had hard random visits.
    Geo is most likely visits according to referral from their own directory.
    Google.....most of these are due to your ever-changing content (LOL) and shows that those particular pages are coming up according to the unique search results provided to their visitors. Since they are hands-down the most popular Search, it is not surprising that they will always provide the greatest number of visits.
    Spiders and bots are listed singularly in their own area....

The key is to be able to use your stats in your cP to show which pages are generating the traffic (a clue as to what key words or phrases are more popular in searches, and which could be tweaked for better results?), and the origin of unique traffic (as all use different metrics, which can help you to determine the areas to beef up with either more detailed and relevant content, or specific help: changing the content with "specials" or "promotions" to create the dynamic element to attract in-depth spidering/cacheing/ranking that promises conversion for you).

It is not as simple as reading the sports page and checking the scores for the week.....it needs to be used as a tool of specific understanding of your website in totality, and every variable that affects it and may be further developed to your advantage!

I have mentioned before that your website falls into a hugely crowded arena (travel in general, and tours in sub-set), and the more preferred listings you can achieve with directories, re-sellers, individual co-branders (agencies or agents), and "official" status sites like associations or industry directories, the better off you will fare. Trying to reach for a certain plateau solely on the merits of content or uniqueness (your featured tours or region) will likely not be up to your expectation.
    In my humble opinion, George.....and an added thought: reciprocol links will not do too much to change things for you...in fact, they may hinder your progress, as in your case the origin of them and the relevancy that has been cached will determine the validity or preference by the spiders....

PS: by the looks of your new avatar, you found some pretty killer tequila! LOL
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Mr. Va-silly,
      I figured I'd find you. Thanks again for the invaluable advice you give.
      I understand but do no know how to put a lot of things into practice and as with you I have little time, unless I ignore other things that really are more important. I'm interested in the directories and 'am affiliated with the Mexico Tourist Board, but that is all. I have a few (maybe 10) links in to me. I have numerous agencies ( those online) in the north wanting to exchange links, but just haven't,.... don't know Eric, I seem to find it harder here to trust and we both know I have an issue with this.

Should I consider AdSense and/or Ad Words or just pay to advertise elsewhere, as I do off line in hotels etc. I have all major hotels here pushing my tours even if sometimes it is unethically done and have luck there...average 4-6 trips monthly and the bothersome day-trippers, Any thoughts will be appreciated.
      I B Look'in

G
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hi Choco,
        Can I ask you which page you go to to get the Google traffic to your site? (would like to check mine, as I only use the AwStats in our control panel)

Other thing is if you wish to exchange links with me. I believe that if we are in the same industry this can be beneficial for both of us, and that's what I've been doing. You can check it if you go to my site on the 'links' page I have.

Thanks,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Yes my friend, sign up at www.googleanalytics.com
          What a coincidence I was just going to look at your site
          I love New Zealand, I think I mentioned when you first posted you hello, I have been there once and wll go back, have a good friend in Christchurch.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Cool, thanks. Will check it.

A tip for you: If you go to my site you'll see that I put the prices in the front page. The idea is to give all possible information (except for the itinerary) in the front page. This way you don't have to click or go anywhere to find things out. No click at all, only of course, you want more details about something.
            N Z B R
            t o u r s
            New Zealand Tours
            Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
            Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Isn't that what I did? Pls. Check here for www.mayatabasco.com/indexclone.html
              Choco777
              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I've clicked on the above link ......./indexclone.html and haven't seen your prices. I saw: Mexican Vacations to:
                Tabasco
                Chiapas
                etc.

But anyway, this was just an idea that could work for you.
                Cheers, (what about the link? if you don't want to do it, it's fine)
                N Z B R
                t o u r s
                New Zealand Tours
                Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Originally posted by nzbr View Post
                  I've clicked on the above link ......./indexclone.html and haven't seen your prices. I saw: Mexican Vacations to:
                  Tabasco
                  Chiapas
                  etc.

But anyway, this was just an idea that could work for you.
                  Cheers, (what about the link? if you don't want to do it, it's fine)
                  What link? I do not publish prices just to push for more interest if they ask prices that is closer to a sale cause they took the time.....if they must ask prices usually they are on TIGHT budget and just looking at numbers can dissuade not matter what they are other than ridiculously low.
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

NZRB sent email to your site info@

Choco
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
                    X