Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typing in URL without file extension at end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typing in URL without file extension at end?

First, I'm sorry if this is already posted somewhere else. I did a search but couldn't find anything relative, but I wasn't sure if there was a specific name for this function so I may not have been searching the right words :)

How do you make it so if I want someone to be able to type a url of a specific page on my site without the .html at the end so it will work? (for example) www.mydomain.com/help

Currently when I type my pages that way it comes up with the 404 error unless I type www.mydomain.com/help.html

I want to set up a page that I don't have "linked" anywhere that people can only go to if they know the specific url, but to make it easier I don't want them to have to type the .html at the end (in case they forget)

Thank you for any help!
    Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.

Re: Typing in URL without file extension at end?

You need to make "help" a new folder/directory. And then inside of that create a file called index.html.

It works the same way are your normal domain would. When you type in www.yoursite.com, you don't have to type www.yoursite.com/index.html, it automatically knows to load it. The same goes with a folder, if you go to www.yoursite.com/help, it is actualy loading www.yoursite.com/help/index.html

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
    X