Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we transfer a script to site ?

Hi,
    I have downloaded a script to cgi-bin & public_html.
    I need to transfer/link to a page within the site.
    How do I do this ?
    I have screened the tutorials but can't seem to flesh out the answer.
    Getting better each time though!!

Paulson

Re: How do we transfer a script to site ?

Hi Paulson... I'm not quite sure what you are up to... But.. If you are working in The C-Panel ... You can move or copy html and images and stuff around to different location in the c-panel using the move or copy tool there...You can also change things, add a link or whatever on a page and republish it ...I hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Originally posted by paulson View Post
      Hi,
      I have downloaded a script to cgi-bin & public_html.
      I need to transfer/link to a page within the site.
      How do I do this ?
      I have screened the tutorials but can't seem to flesh out the answer.
      Getting better each time though!!

Paulson
      Do you mean u want to activate the script when someone opens a page on a site or.. what exactly? And what are you using.. soho, bv?

A link would be coded something like this

<a href="http://www.yoursite.com/cgi-bin/script">Your text here </a>

If in bv, that would have to go into an html box or in soho, text editor, html view.. which you would find along the bottom of the text editor.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hey Karen,
        Its a mewsoft auction script I used their auto installer to load it to CPanel it automatically went it into the public_html & the backend in the cgi-bin I suppose?
        Test server in script says dbases, perl modules are all good.
        The website is in soho and I would like to link to the script frontend from a page within the site. http://www.raceme.biz.
        I will try text editor but I don;t want to break up the script.

Paulson

Comment

Ok Paul

I got a headache just reading that. LOL.. Ok.. Im trying to grasp this. What are you linking to? I dont understand what the script has to do with a link? A link is just what i said it is above. Im thinking maybe, your are trying to CONNECT the two so that your products run to the AUCTION? Is that what you mean? Or you just want to link to your auction pages? A link is just what you typed for your url there to your site. No breaking up involved.

If you want to RUN a script, or insert a script try saving it to note pad and naming it whatever extension you need, and then upload thru the custom code to a page?

Without a better explanation I have no idea what you mean and im just guessing.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok.. I went and looked at that thing.. and what you are trying to do wont work with soho, i dont believe. What you are wanting to do is copy and paste the code it creates into a soho page.. correct? You can try it but chances are it wont work.. ok.. but heres how to do it.

hilight whatever it is that you want to paste, right click copy, go to soho text editor, do the html tab.. second one on the bottom, and press control and v at the same time.. it pastes in the code.

Alternately, you can do the notepad thing, save it as html and insert and upload it as custom code. But good luck with that, and its checkout, cuz i think those scripts will kill your soho.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Copy that phew,

Its not a link, then

I thought it might conflict.

It seems that your right with the custom code but the script is in a folder and I can't paste 300 html pages its not practical.

I don't actually need soho but I like its features, what do you mean by its checkout & it will kill soho?

If it is already in Cpanel and fantastico also has a auction script.
              [basic features php]

Why can I not get it to fantastico and any page, I will make one from the script in my case I guess it will be auction homepage or login page.

When you install the auction script that's in fantastico [the basic version] it makes its own homepage.

Same, so my script needs to point to www.raceme.biz

No soho just the script and the domain and the script is in Cpanel already.

Paulson

Comment

Paul,

Ok... You cant get it in fantastico because you dont have access to load things into there. Thats done by voda host.

So.. number two, youd have to UNINSTALL soho, and then reinstall, your auction script to that domain! Or build your bv outer pages and point it to the subdomain or folders you currently have it in.

3rdly.. the conflict is the auction has its OWN cart or checkout system.. that would have conflicted with SOHO system, so if you would run ssl, i think it would have been a nitemare beyond the twilight zone to get the paths to run correct when soho was the primary target or primary domain for the https.

4th.. it should have its own means to database your product, otherwise it wouldnt need access to mysql.

Lastly.. I cant help you much more than this except with basics cuz.. i for one am not gonna install it to figure it out.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,
                  Come on live a little.
                  #2 sounds like it, tell me if I have an IP address for raceme.biz & when I publish in bluevoda & the ftp upload/ drop down comes up with the IP's why is my IP not in there?

Thanks
                  Paulson

Comment

UM.. Probably because you need to download the latest version of Blue Voda. When they upgrade the server, the ip changes to a new one, so, you would need to download an updated one with the new ips listed in it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X