Is there a page height limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a page height limit?

Is there a limit as to page height? If you want to put a document with 20 pages on your site what's the best way to do it other than just keep running it down the page?
    Thanks,
    donprofit don@profitinforeclosures
    RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Re: Is there a page height limit?

Hi, you can put as many document pages on one web page as you like. But it makes it a bit boring & the page may be slow loading if you have too many images. (Text is fine)
    If you do put it on one page? Think about the possibility of adding bookmarks to certain areas if its possible for the document to be broken up this way.
    Personally I prefer to go to a new page instead of scrolling down long pages.
    But it’s nice if a page has no scroll at all, & you can just press a next button to the next page.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you for the info. Could you elaborate on the "page has no scroll at all & you can just press a next button to the next page." Where am I able to do this?
      Thank you,
      Don
      RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Comment

Just a thought but if you wanted to put a 20 page document on your site, it might be worthwhile converting this document into a downloadable pdf version ... you can use a free pdf converter found at www.primo.pdf ... you then just add the link to the pdf on your site and people can download it this way ...

I woudln't consider a 20 page document as one page ... I like to use around '1000 - '1200 for page length, like Chris, I don't like pages that go on forever ...

What he is meaning is using the word Next at the bottom of each page and linking the word next to the next page ...

What he is referring to about No Scroll is keeping your page width at '800, avoids sideways scrolls for all viewers. The length is not as important, but pages that go lengthwise forever are not favorites either ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadyEye,
          In your experience with Primopdf have you had trouble converting a MS word document? It keeps giving me an error message. Is there a trick to using it?
          Don

Comment

Hi Don

No, I can't say I have had any problems with this ... what type of error message are you receiving?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadyEye,
              When I tried to use the PrimoPdf without downloading it I got a "Conversion Failed" and was told to download it. After trying a number of time to download and having it not let me I've given up. I've tried a number of ways to upload the files I created on MSN Word to my site but to no avail. Any suggestions?
              Don

Comment

Hi, I had the same problem with primo & downloaded pdf 995 http://www.pdf995.com/
                The odd thing is when I downloaded this one the other started to work. (Strange).
                Another good bit of software to download when you have time, is Open Office 2. It’s the same as MS office (But free) & you can make pdf docs & also power point web presentations.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                X