Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing so files organised

Howdy once again!

Am wanting to post my new site and am wondering as to how to organise all my pages when I publish them. I'm scared of misplacing each pages elements when I publish to the public_html folder (as they will all be listed together).
    Can someone please explain to a newbie how to publish each page so as I can locate each pages files easily when going into file manager or blue ftp. Can I create a folder to house each pages files in within the public_html folder? will this work properly on the net, or do I need to create new folders just like the public_html folder?

Any assistance would be fabulous!!!! :)

Manda
    manda panda
    http://www.outbackcubby.com

Re: Publishing so files organised

Hi,

When I started about 3 months ago, I also wanted to organize my files for the various pages in folders. Despite some concerns about some members on the forums, I went ahead and created quite a number of folders. You can call it anything, e.g. Products, Services, etc.

But then I fancied Naveldesign’s PHP method of creating menus, headers, footers, etc. If any update is required on any of these items, you only need to do it once and the changes will be reflected to all pages if you followed Navel’s instructions correctly. Then I realized that I have to publish the headers, footers, menus, etc. to each folder on my site.

It was then when I got rid of all those folders and currently I only have 2 folders (public_html and just e.g. Properties). Your files will still be neatly organized if you name them wisely, even if they are all published the public folder. So, when I need to update my menu, header/logo area, footer, etc. I only have to publish them into my two folders, saving lots of time.

I don’t say you must follow my methods, but its worth considering. Many BlueVoda members will agree with me. So, keep those folders to a minimum.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Working...
    X