X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftp and www

Hi,

Here is my problem,

I created an ftp account. User is stjean and a pwd XXXXX. So when i open a ftp windows it ask me for the user and pwd which is fine. Then i'm able to transfer files. I did transfer a simple picture for test.

Ok all is fine up to now.

But if i open a web browser and enter www.ultrainfo.ca/stjean , i get access to the content with no user and pwd necessary ( it's the same content as the ftp site). Anyone on the web can also access the content.

If the ftp and the web link to the same place why is there a user and pwd to access it.

I wanted to store files on the ftp and be able to access it from anywhere.
    I can do it but web user also.

Is there something i don't understand ??

Thanks for the support

Stjean

Re: ftp and www

The reason you need a username and password is to prevent others from uploading things to your website. You don't want to allow anyone in the world to upload any file they want, this would allow way to big of a security hole. If you don't want people to access the files through your website, just password protect the directory through cpanel, and that will plug up both ends

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: ftp and www

Thanks for the help. I've did what you said and everything fine

Thanks a lot
      Stjean

Comment

Working...
      X