BlueFTP from tools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueFTP from tools.

I can't get into BlueFTP from tools. Every time I do it comes back that BlueFTB has encountered a problem and need to close. What have I done that would prevent me from being able to get into it?
    donprofit profitinforeclosures.com
    RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Re: Can't get into BlueFTP from tools.

On a different subject, is there a way to be in the tutorial and CP at the same time? I need to use the tutorial to try to use the CP.
    Don
    RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Comment

Sure, why not .. if you have the latest version of Explorer, Safari or Firefox you can create an other tab and have the cPanel in one tab and the tutorial page in the other and switch and pause as you learn.

Or you can do it the old fashion way and open two windows and put one on the left side and the other on the right to fit your screen to see them both of them.
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thank you.
        I still need my original question answered I can't get into BlueFTP from tools. Every time I do it comes back that BlueFTB has encountered a problem and need to close. What have I done that would prevent me from being able to get into it?
        Also a real dumb question what is an easy way to know if I use php or html on the end.
        Don

Comment

Download BV again. That should solve the problem. I had the same problem.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

CarbonTerry,
            Thanks that worked. Now can you answer my dumb question: Whats an easy way to know when to use php or html on the end of an URL.
            Don

Comment

Always use HTML and never use PHP, unless instructed otherwise. Or until you learn what PHP is.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: BlueFTP from tools.

PHP is a scripting language that allows you to create dynamic content on your site as well as a seemingly endless number of other things. A .php file can run both php and html and anything that runs in html. A .html file only runs html code, as well as javascript and activex. So basically you need to use php if you are going to use a php script on your website, if you aren't html will work just fine. But it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to just make it with php extension incase you want to add php in the future, so you don't have to go back and change all your files an the links

Register/Login Script
                Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thank you but I finally gave up on BV to put my MSWord document on. I couldn't figure out out how to make the links work. It was very easy on the Yahoo site that I made. From what I learned there I was able to finally figure out how to do it here. I'll keep studying BV and maybe it'll make sense one of these days. It sure is harder than Yahoo but overall I think it will be better if I ever figure it out. The tutorials and answers seem to be for someone that knows a lot more than me.
                  Don

Comment

There are 2 ways to get it (Word doc) on your site. (That I know)
                    One is to use your BVFTP and drag it from its current location (would be easier if it was stored in your BV folder) into your public_html folder.
                    Then link to it.
                    www.yoursitename.com/what-you-saved-the-file-as.doc
                    No BV page need be created.

Or, save the word document as an .html file (in your BV folder).
                    Once again, go to the BVFTP and drag the file to your public_html folder on the server.
                    Create a page in BV and use an IFrame to call up the file.
                    www.yoursitename.com/what-you-saved-the-file-as.html

I'm sure that someone will correct me if I am in error.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

CarbonTerry,
                      Thank you, that's basically what I did in Yahoo and now I think I could do it in BV. As it turns out because I'm have so much trouble catching on to BV I'm going to use BV as the primary site and link to my Yahoo site to give people access to the report. I'd like to use a password protected page here on BV but it would probably take me another 2 weeks to figure it out.
                      Don

Comment

Don,
                        You can p/w protect a directory but not a single page.
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Working...
                        X