Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need fresh thoughts!

Hi folks,

I had my site built from an outside source and they did a beautiful job...Here is my problem, when I brought it home through the remote html, it came through great....Problem is I can't change anything on it...I really need your help and ideas as to what is going on. I named all of the pages and everything that I have done in the past.........

Thanks for all of your help!

www.1globalchoice.com
    Sharon Chajin

Re: I need fresh thoughts!

Why don't you have them send you the BV pages? And change them that way? Although you should be able to change them through the control panel, also.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth, do you think that would work? Also how would they send it? We are getting ready to set up TV commercials.

Thanks for all of the help, I will e-mail you there is something I would like to ask you.
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Sharon,

All they would have to do is attatch them to email in the original bv format. Then you should just be able to download them. They can aslo zip them and send them.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Or...... you could ask them to upload the BV pages into a folder on the server named BV_PAGES. Then you could simply use the FTP manager to move them from the server to your computer.

This is also a great way to keep a backup of all your BV Pages. In this manner- if you ever have a computer crash, all the BV Pages are saved in the original BV format. Just a thought.....................

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

You will have to also have them send you any pictures they have used - and to use the pages from BV - you'll need to create the identical path - or re-up the pics from the path they are on your computer.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

As the site is already created- the pictures will already be on the server. You could then use the FTP Manager and move each picture back to your computer. (Beths idea would be speedier if they simply sent them to you).

And Beth is also correct with regard to the path that the BV pages and program will look for those pictures. Let me explain.

On the computer that the person used to create your BV web pages- suppose that they installed the program on drive H and that the pictures they used were in a folder called "Web Pics". Then the path that is incorporated in the BV Program to find those pictures when you open the BV page is Location: H:/Web Pics/whatever_picture.jpg

But on your computer- you do not have an H drive. Your pictures will be strored in My Pictures. So when you open the BV web Pages that they sent you- your pictures will not show up. You will have to delete and replace each picture and then save. You don't need to re-publish as the server already contains the pictures and has set a correct "server link" to each. The reason is that the name of the picture has not changed nor its location on the page. The only thing that has changed is where the BV Web Building program looks for the picture on your computer.

Hope that makes sense.
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Sharon,
                Have been looking for an email - nothing has come yet. I'll be watching for it :)
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                X