Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sos for publishing plz

hi,
    ... I have been geeting a bit frustrated with publishing pages.... as it has been going on for 2 weeks...
    I have run ccleaner as advised, I have checked spelling on links, I downloaded new version of BlueVoda (@the beginning there wasn't my IP number... but now it's there), I have managed to publish home page, but when I go to other pages and click "publish"... it goes very very very slow (I had some internet connection challenges and thought that's causing problem, but now problem is fixed, but it hasn't helped in speeding up publishing...)... not always - but often after I click "publish - the screen goes white or box appears, that shows" error 12002"... I haven't done anything different with other pages as with index page, which I managed to publish... I don't get it - where is problem and how to fix it... what to do... I downloaded pixresizer... followed instructions - maybe did something not right resizing...
    I am so so so in need for help, my webpages have been ready to be published and me& my clients too...
    I would be grateful for any tips!!! Thank you!!!
    Tink
    (www.stardusthealing.com ID -15857)

Re: sos for publishing plz

A 12002 error is a timeout error. You might also receive this error if you are trying to publish to the wrong IP address. Please make sure the IP address you are trying to publish to is the same IP address that is in your welcome letter.

Otherwise you are receiving it because you are trying to upload a very large file, or your internet connection speed is very slow. The first thing you will want to do is run a pix resizer over all your photographs to compress their size:
    http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm
    After you have done this.

1)
    Open up BlueVoda
    2) Go to Tool >> Option >> Publish

Change the timeout time to 600 or more.

Also make sure that you are using the latest version of BlueVoda.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

- a bit confused with running pixresizer (I have downloaded it... tried on one of the pages, but... picturea are already quite small, if I resize them, it would be hard to see anything on them...
      - I do have the latest BlueVoda - I managed to download one of the pages already... but downloading stopped there... when I follow this
      1) Open up BlueVoda
      2) Go to Tool >> Option >> Publish

nothing happens after i click publish... no window opens... no publishing. happens at all..
      :( :( :(

Comment

Timker-
        You might want to use this image optimizer. It can reduce the kbs of the pictures without losing too much quality, rather than making them too small to see.
        Our free, site report card tool performs a thorough SEO audit of your website and provides a detailed report to help you improve your search engine rankings.

There are others, but this is one I use.

hope this helps.
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
        X