Publishing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing help

When i click publish on my Blue Voda, it says 'Successfully Published" although when i type in my domain on Internet Explorer, all i see is this:

Index of /

Name Last modified Size Description Parent Directory 19-Jul-2007 06:03 - Arcadia Charity Vide..> 19-Jul-2007 06:02 3.5M HDV_edited-1.jpg 19-Jul-2007 06:02 102k about_02_01.jpg 19-Jul-2007 06:00 11k bv01008.gif 19-Jul-2007 06:02 3k cgi-bin/ 16-Jul-2007 10:03 - construction.html 19-Jul-2007 06:02 2k home/ 19-Jul-2007 06:12 - homepage_edited-1_05..> 19-Jul-2007 06:02 355k

It is very confusing. Im not quite sure what FTP is, if that has anything to do with it... Thanks

Re: Publishing problem

Hi, you hav'nt published an index page as yet. You will have to make 1 page (Home page) & call it index all in lower case & no extensions. Publish this page & when you click on http://www.focalpointpictures.co.uk/ you will go to the home page.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the help.

When my files r uploaded, how do i manage them, link them and make them load properly, because when i go on www.focalpointpictures.co.uk it takes a long time to load, and some bits load at different times to others. The background is a JPEG image loaded onto blue voda to be a template (as the blue voda tutorials taught). The button pictures show up first which show up first. Can i not make it all load at once...Also, how do i make those buttons link to other pages...Once the files are online, how do i sort them out. Thanks.

Comment

Hi frd...I looked into your site .. and your buttons do not have linking capabilities .. you will need to put the link command in the html..(which I don't have).. but...Another way to do it is .. Go to shape tool..right click to properties.. make a transparent shape .. size and place over the image.. then go in shape properties .. go to link.. and address for the page you wish to show...the transparent shape acts as a button... Doug

Comment

Hi frd... Here's a link command that you can use with an image button...
          <a href="http://www.yoursite.com/page you want.html"> place this in the image button.. right click for properties ...go to html.. place in before tag... and address to the page you want to link to to... hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Hi. Thanks for all your help so far. I would like to know how i manage the pages online. I've uploaded the index page, and it comes up in the browser as 'Untitled Page' . How do i make it say 'Home'.

Also, how do i add by sub pages and link them. I can't put the URL links on the buttons until i know the URL my sub pages will have.

I'm quite lost on all this 'sorting out pages online' thing..
            Thanks

Comment

Hi, when you say upload? do you mean publish. As you cant upload BV pages, they must be published via the publish button.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes, i mean publish.

Comment

Hi...Well if you have home page published... say yourdomain.com.. thats' your url... and your sub pages are published to the same place...the 1st page (home) is titled index... the next pages can be name anything you want... say page 2..page3 and so forth... address your button links.. like http://www.yourdomain/page1.html... http://www.yourdomain/page2.html.. and so forth...If you wish to name the page.. right click on the page... go to page properties and put a title in...Look through the Publishing and Hyper linking tutorials... But most important is to have a plan.. so layout your site on a piece of paper.. with all the pages.. and so forth you want to show.. ...Have Fun... Doug

Comment

Thanks again. I'm nearly there with all this website stuff. May i just ask, is Voda Host a fast server. Because on my page the template loads up bit by bit relatively slowly. I havent seen this on any other websites. Thanks....Also! One big problem,, on Blue Voda, i make the size and position of the text perfect, but when i publish it it is a different size and in a different place. How can i fix this? As a temporary fix i made all the text 'gif' files, but does this not mean people will not find my page on google from the text on my website, cos it will be a picture....Thankyou soooo much for your help btw.

Comment

Hi ... BV is fast server..depending on the amount of stuff in or the page will give you different publish time... I've found that if you extend the text box longer than the text in it... helps to fix that moving around..all browsers are different... so I preview using two different browsers... just to tweak it up..looks like you are well on your way ... have fun... Doug

Comment

Thanks. I presume i am doing the right thing to be having a JPEG file as my background template?

Comment

also, is there any way to stop people saving the picture, because whenever my mouse hovers over the template that box comes up in the top left with save and print icons. is there a way to get rid of this? Thanks

Comment

Re: Publishing help

Hi frd... You really ought to start a new thread in the Graphic, Images.. Forum .. asking the same picture protect question... You will receive more info there with a new thread... Doug

Comment

Working...
                            X