Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billing and Shipping Info in Soho

Hi all,

I am gonna deal only with digital delivery products on my website.

When people buy from the shop and check out they are required to click "new customer" and enter their name, address etc both in the billing and shipping fields.

Since I am dealing with digital products these things are unnecessary.

Is there any way to remove these things and only ask for the name and email address ???

And another question for you: How can I make a test order to see if everything is working as it should? I tried to make a normal order but was told by paypal that I could not send money to myself. Anyone have a suggestion on how to do this ???

Best Regards
    Yvonne12

Re: Billing and Shipping Info in Soho

Yvonne,

If you are going to take secure payments you must also require the address, its a credit card rule, so even if you took it off your site, paypal would still collect it.

Im not sure that it removes the requiremet, but when you set the products up, theres a field that says collect shipping and set to no.. this does away with a shipping charge, not sure if it removes the fields or not in the customer checkout.. havent tried it. Should offer tho same as billing, even in paypal.

To run a test simply set your payment method to third party off line and use email to collect the payment and see if your payments go thru that way for the test. I believe they do.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X