Form submitting with Frontpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form submitting with Frontpage

I have my site up and going. However when testing my form it doesn't work. What I wanted to begin with is to have the form being submitted to an email, but that's not working.

Do I need to create a file or folder in my /public_html folder and direct the link to that specific file/folder for the forms being submitted to be stored till I retrieve those?

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the help..

Re: Form submitting with Frontpage

your form action can go to either the same page, or a different page. Whichever way you submit it, that page needs to retreive the information from the form. From there you can either record the data in a mysql database, or email it. You will need to learn how to program in php to do this, there is a tutorial on forms, I don't know the link off hand, but im sure in a short time an admin will come along and get you the link

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for the bit of info. I'll have to wait till I'm home to have a look at the tutorials, which I did find. I'll do some tinkering around with the form.

Comment

click the below for FrontPage Tutorials straight from Microsoft.

Get productive quickly with Microsoft 365 videos and tutorials. Explore Microsoft 365 training guides and tips to collaborate with anyone, anywhere.

Their is also a tons of information on front page forms on the net. Try
        doing a Google search

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You can also ask the form to submit the info to a .TXT file which you can download daily or weekly or at your conveniece. The only disadvantage with this is that until you download the file you will not know if the form has been used or not. Daily checking would be recommended if you website is a busy one. don't get me wrong, I hate forms and never use them so my advice is limited compared to others on this forum ;)

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
          X