Help with publishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with publishing.

Ok, I have finally finished my sight and am ready to publish it. The only thing is I have about eight other pages, so I know I know I need to publish them sepratly. But how will I know that they won't end up in a differrent place besides my homepage. Thanks.

Re: Help with publishing.

Your homepage should be named and saved as index nothing else, just index . I assume you have a navigation menu on your homepage where you have linked to your other pages? If not, you need to create a nav menu or have links to your other pages and on your other pages back to your homepage and others if so desired. When you put the url in to the link, make sure it looks something like this, where yourdomain is your actual domain name and index is whatever the name of your page is. http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Ok, so if I save my homepage as index and then publish it that will appear as my homepage in the web. And then when I publish the rest that will be linkeed to my homepage right? (Not to be rude but it was pretty confusing.) Thanks.

Comment

Only if you've placed a link to them on your index page.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate102 View Post
          Ok, so if I save my homepage as index and then publish it that will appear as my homepage in the web. And then when I publish the rest that will be linkeed to my homepage right? (Not to be rude but it was pretty confusing.) Thanks.
          Yeah, I just re-read my post above and I guess it does sound confusing. Sorry, but yes, you are right. Publish your index and that will be your home page. Then publish your other pages and they will link back to your index/home page. But as AJ mentioned, you need to actually link them. You can do that with a navigation menu, text links or even image links. But in order for people to find your pages, they need to be linked in some way.
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
          X