Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having to re-save new page name each time I re-publish

Hi all,

For some reason, my "services" page has been saved in BV as "Services," with a capital "S." No matter how many times I re-save it with a lower-case "s," the next time I open it, it comes up with the first letter capitalized. So... any time I make a change to that page and re-publish, I first have to re-save it with the lower case letter. However, if I close the page and come back to it later, there it is again, with a capital letter. All of my url's are in lower case, as I have been advised, so obviously publishing with the capitalized html page would be a problem.

Any advice?

Thanks so much.

Rachel Harvey
    Rachel

www.midcolumbianotary.com

Re: Having to re-save new page name each time I re-publish

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Hi all,

For some reason, my "services" page has been saved in BV as "Services," with a capital "S." No matter how many times I re-save it with a lower-case "s," the next time I open it, it comes up with the first letter capitalized. So... any time I make a change to that page and re-publish, I first have to re-save it with the lower case letter. However, if I close the page and come back to it later, there it is again, with a capital letter. All of my url's are in lower case, as I have been advised, so obviously publishing with the capitalized html page would be a problem.

Any advice?

Thanks so much.

Rachel Harvey
    http://www.midcolumbianotary.com
    Check and see if you have two files - one Services and one services
    If so, delete the one you don't want, and that should solve the problem.

Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I wasn't sure if you meant in BV or in the Cpanel, so I checked both. The public_html folder in Cpanel has only one, services.html. My files in BV have a folder called Services which has a page within it called Services. No services in BV.

BTW, thanks for demonstrating an easier way to indicate what the issue is: bold is a lot better than endless quotes!

Rachel
      Rachel

Comment

Windows ignores lower / uppercase. Here is what you should do:
        Open in BV your Services page. Save it as services1 . Now go in Computer Resources, browse the BV folder, and delete Services. Save the page services1 as services. Browse again, and delete services1. At this point you are ok for the future.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you so much, that worked.

For my benefit, would you explain the significance of Windows not differentiating between upper and lower case? Does that mean I could have left it capitalized and published? Just curious.

Thanks!
          Rachel

Comment

Only a cut & paste Ansewer, but might help.

Why do We Use Lowercase Tags?

We have just said that HTML tags are not case sensitive: <B> means the same as <b>. If you surf the Web, you will notice that plenty of web sites use uppercase HTML tags in their source code. We always use lowercase tags. Why?
            If you want to follow the latest web standards, you should always use lowercase tags. The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommends lowercase tags in their HTML 4 recommendation, and XHTML (the next generation HTML) demands lowercase tags.
            Tag Attributes

Tags can have attributes. Attributes provide additional information to an HTML element.The following tag defines an HTML table: <table>. With an added border attribute, you can tell the browser that the table should have no borders: <table border="0">
            Attributes always come in name/value pairs like this: name="value".
            Attributes are always specified in the start tag of an HTML element.
            Attributes and attribute values are also case-insensitive. However, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommends lowercase attributes/attribute values in their HTML 4 recommendation, and XHTML demands lowercase attributes/attribute values.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              Thank you so much, that worked.

For my benefit, would you explain the significance of Windows not differentiating between upper and lower case? Does that mean I could have left it capitalized and published? Just curious.

Thanks!
              The windows file system by default ignores lower / uppercase. Some applications have extra routines that allow saving and distinguishing files with uppercase characters, BV can save with uppercase but misses the routine that will didtinguish between the two when Saving As. Not a big problem.
              Another simpler solution would have been closing the page and renaming it using Window's Explorer. Sorry i didn't think about that earlier.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you both; a little education never hurt anyone! I appreciate it.
                Rachel

Comment

Working...
                X