one more question...I think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one more question...I think...

ok...figured out publishing problem...now I can't link to my last two pages. I have check the url's, IP's, and many other assorted letters of the alphabet to no avail. Can anyone help?

thank you
    jaime
    rareearthlandscapinginc.com

Re: one more question...I think...

Originally posted by rare.earth View Post
    ok...figured out publishing problem...now I can't link to my last two pages. I have check the url's, IP's, and many other assorted letters of the alphabet to no avail. Can anyone help?

thank you
    jaime
    rareearthlandscapinginc.com
    Jamie
    I can't see anything obvious. It's usually some silly fat fingering that causes this, you know a mistyped page name or something
    Recheck the name of the pages, and make sure your links reflect exactly the name by which you have saved them - you know, like be sure you have saved the faq page as http://www.rareearthlandscapinginc.com/faqs.html (and not faq, for instance)
    and that the link is written exactly the same way.
    Then republish.
    Ditto for the other page.
    This should clear it up.
    Good Luck
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thank you...I think I have it. But if I could bother you just one more time. All my pages link together just fine, but when I try to return to the home page from any of them it states that it can't find the page. Any ideas?

Comment

Check your links, make sure it's http:// and has the .com at the end or what ever your domain is as well as the the name of your page with the html formating if that is what you're using.

(http://www.example.com/page1.html)
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Actually, If your HOME page is the index.html, you want those links to say only .com with no page extension, because the domain resolves there. Once you start going back to the yoursite.com/index.html that can get counted as a duplicate page and duplicate content.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Leave it to Karen.
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

that did it! that you very much. now, all i have to do is spice up my page.(trying to find out where to put "imagefan.class"). hopefully i won't have to bother you with any more questions but i cant promise anything. thank you again.

Comment

Working...
              X