Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Published page different from Blue Voda

Hi,
    I put up a temporary index page on www.trimandthin.com as I'm rebuilding the site. I've only done 2 pages but when I preview them the fonts are different and the spacing is way off. My question: if the temporary index page is all aligned to the left in Blue Voda, why has it published all out of alignment?
    I'm concerned that I'm spending a lot of time building a large site that will look awful when published, since this temporary page isn't right.
    Is the only fix knowing HTML?
    Thanks for any info you can give me.

Re: Published page different from Blue Voda

Hi there, I've checked your page and it looks fine to me ... however, if you are using fonts that are not "web friendly" this will occur. Could this be your problem? Also ... keep all elements within the recommended page width of '800 ... and you should be fine, yes build to the left and then tick center in browser ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks, LadyEye. I used Ariel and/or Verdana, which I understand are web friendly, so I don't understand why it doesn't show right. Is Blue Voda configured only for IE browser? I use Firefox as default. I've noticed that Blue Voda lets you preview in your default but short of switching defaults, I couldn't figure out how to preview in more than one browser.

In terms of the page you reviewed for me, it's a small page with web friendly fonts. Given that, I still don't get why it doesn't show properly. What else could be the problem?

Again, my concern is for the site being built and that it won't look right. Thanks for your advice (I've read a lot of your responses to others and it's clear you know your stuff).

Comment

Hey,

You might be using a different browser that sometimes understands different ways of coding and what you have put on your site might be hard for the internet browser to understand.

Are you using Internet Explorer 7, Safari, Firefox ..?
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Greeny: Bluevoda works fine with all browsers including Firefox. I took a look at your page and it the actual fonts look fine. I use IE7. It appears that your header image is centered. The next line down, appears aligned to the left. Then the rest of the text is nicely aligned with what appears to be an indent of about 5 spaces. When you say above, that it is all out of alignment, can you please be more specific, because based on what I am seeing, it looks great! Did you type your text into a text box in bluevoda, or did you type it in a word processing program and copy and paste?
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi again Greeny

Well, the bv site builder does preview differently in all browsers. It will appear different in Firefox than in Internet Explorer and more ... You need to tweak between the two most popular browsers, IE & FF ... another thing to be sure and do, is set the default font on your page properties, (this shouldn't matter, but might make a difference.) And another, be sure when you enter your text in a text box to leave an extra space after your last closing letter, this will assist in keeping things in line and be sure too that as an example, if you have two lines of text, that your text box is properly aligned, if it looks as though there is another complete empty line under your two lines of text, means you need to expand that text box and add that extra space at the end ...

You can edit your browser list right in the bv web builder. When you choose preview, you will also notice "edit" - edit your browser list to include all browsers that are installed on your computer ... then it's easy to preview with both ..

Your pages will be fine, your site will turn our wonderful providing you just remember to tweak between the two browsers. My experience tells me that Firefox drops the text about a 1/4" lower than Internet Explorer ...

Hope this helps ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Wow! Thanks, everyone! LadyEye, that hint about the text in FF versus IE was very helpful. Cindy, I don't think I indented the text. At least in BV my page shows all left aligned. I'll re-publish and see what happens.

FYI, all, I never use Word for text on a web page....it just flat out doesn't work. I've been playing around with BV for about 2 years but never published until now.

I have used another editor that is similar software but not as user friendly and built this page:

I tell you this so you can see my level of experience. I preview using both FF and IE, both on my computer.

Thanks again, everyone. If I still have problems with this, I'll come back to this thread.

Comment

Working...
              X