Need help on sizing of Webpages in Blue Voda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on sizing of Webpages in Blue Voda

I created the website using Blue Voda, but my computer Display resolution settings are set for 1800x1200. It looked great when I did a preview on my browser and it looks fine now that I published the files and I look at on my computer. However, most everyone I talk to says that it is way too big for their displays. I put in a ticket on this before and what told to go to the page settings and change them to 1024x768, but that made things worse (ie bigger). Is their a quick fix to this issue. I want the webpage to look correctly regardless of display settings in an ideal world. Barring that, I want to get the default of 1024x768 to work correctly.

The only thing I can think of is to redo all the pages from scratch. I really want to avoid doing that if at all possible.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

A secondary question is how do I remove a page that has been published? I haven't been able to figure that out yet. Thanks.

Lee

Re: Need help on sizing of Webpages in Blue Voda

HI leetala... Right click on your page .. go to page properties... set the size you want... It's usually advisable to make the width less than full screen... say 800... 900.. but less than 1024... check .. center in browser... different computers may show your site differently... 1024 X 768 is Ok... To remove pages that are already published... go into your C-Panel... go to public_html.. and delete the page.. You can also republish a new page using the same page name .. and it will replace the old one ... Have fun .. good luck..Doug

Comment

You are always best off working with a page no more than 800 wide so this can be seen by everyone on any size screen without sidewards scroll.

To remove a published page, go to your FTP manager and remove it there.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi,
        I am a non conformist. I tried and do not like 800 wide.
        it is too restrictive and a lot of wasted spaces on the sides.

My preference is 1200 wide which allows design freedom and
        minimal wasted space. Trends are changing and flat screen LCD
        are getting cheaper by the day and more and more pc users are
        switching over to 17" and 19". The way I see it; computer,
        printer, monitor and software technology speed is already reaching
        top gear and unless users conform they will be left lagging behind.

My country has progress from dial up to satellite and fiber optics within
        a space of 15 years. Now I am enjoying a connection with a speed of 1 Gig.

Those with 15" monitors will have no choice but to eventually or sooner
        switch to 17" and 19" when manufacturers set new standards to boost profit margin.

My reasoning is I have to move with the time and will not be govern by those who refuse to change or slow in changing.

First you have to think for yourself what is it that you want?

I am just providing imput of what I personally feel and am doing with my site and I am not out to start an argument with anybody.

To each his own. If you feel that you should stick to norm then go for 800.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi, the standard at the moment for web browsing around the world & the way the majority will view your site is to set your screen res @ 1024x768 & build your pages at less than 1024. I personally still use the 800 wide so that it will cater for everyone, but this is just personal choice. For me, there are still millions of users that use 15” lap tops for convenience of size & weight. Remember there are many now starting to use tablets for work & pleasure.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

To remove a published page, go to your FTP manager and remove it there.
            Just remember, if you use this option, there is no recycle bin. It is faster and easier to use, but with CP you will have a recycle bin. Your choice.

PS. I favor 1000 for my pages.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Working...
            X