How Can I Delete More Than 1 Item at a time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I Delete More Than 1 Item at a time

I Am completely overhauling my website. I have been deleting items from my control panel public_html for the last 3 days one at a time. Is there anyway I can delete all the contents at once so I can upload the revised pages of my new format?

Re: How Can I Delete More Than 1 Item at a time

If your page names remain the same, there is no need to delete them, you can just bublish the revised pages again. But if you need to delete multiple items, then in BV open Tools >> FTP Manager.

Select your Server IP and enter your cp username and password, then click the Connect button.
    BlueFTP will open and you will see two panes. The one on the left list folders on your pc. The pane on the right list your folders and files on the server. Be careful not to delete items you have not published. Also note that there is no recycle bin for FTP.

Select an item, then press and hold the Shift key and click on the last item in the list you want to delete. Right-click and delete.
    Or else, select an item, then press and hold the Ctrl key whilst clicking the required items. Right click and delete.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Ok When I Try That I Get A message The Attempt to connect to the FTP server response: 530 login authentication failed.
      view the trace window for more details (menu->remote->trace window)
      When I finally figured out were the trace window was I noticed it was trying on open using the old server IP. How do I change it . It right when I use the button on the bottom of my BlueVoda window. But when I follow your instrustions there is no place to put in the new server IP address.
      Larry

Comment

Just see my answer in this post as well and see if you have perhaps missed something... what happened to FTP tutorial?

And make sure you use the IP and username and password exactly as given in your welcoming email.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Sorry Tom I got an email a few months back to change my password. It works fine for uploading. Its not the pass word its the IP address. For example less say the the first IP address I was given was 123.321.456.789 and VodaHost changed it to 321.123.654.987 well went I try to go to FTP throught my FTP manager and put in the name and password it trys to send it to IP 123.321.456.789 instead of 321.123.654.987 (these are not the real numbers.) I hope this is more clear.
          Larry

Comment

Is it not in the IP Server dropdown? When last did you install BV? If you have installed it before the change, then re-download and re-install BV. The IP should then be available in the list.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Problem Solved. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X