Naming my subdomain pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming my subdomain pages

hmm, not sure why my post didnt show up. Here we go again.

Do i need to name my subdomain pages different than i do with my main domain pages? I published my main domain with no problem, www.rocksolidsales.com but with my subdomain www.rocksolidsales.com/banners I cant get it to show up. I named the front page index and put it in my subdomain folder . Is this what i was supposed to do?

p.s. I know my site isnt finished , but i need to make sure i can publish both before i make a desicion on staying with BVH.

Re: Naming my subdomain pages

Hi, www.rocksolidsales.com/banners is not a sub domain; this is just another directory/folder. A sub domain would look more like www.subdomain.rocksolidsales.com as the home pages & a link to a page in your sub domain may look like this. www.subdomain.rocksolidsales.com/about_us.html

Cheers.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ok, I had it backwords. lol,,, So do i need to save my index page as index for my subdomain? Or do i need to add the name of the subdomain on my save? like this, banners.rocksolidsales.com/index.html

Still confused, Thanks .

Comment

Hi, if you have placed a sub domain on your server, you will have to upload/publish your pages & files to the folder/directory it is in. So you name your pages just like you do with any other site. The only thing to remember? Is make another folder in BV on your home computer & call it ?? site 2. Otherwise if you try to save a file called index, it will overwrite your main sites index file.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Guitarman, Hi Chris,

Here are some posting made by forum members in the past. I cant remember whose post they are from.

"Quote from whoever"

You can have as many index pages as you need as long as they are all in different folders.

for example...

public_html/index.html
          public_html/website1/index.html
          public_html/website2/index.html

without an index page there isnt a way for the new domain name to work properly as each site works in exactly the same way as the original site. when the new domain name is pointing at an addon domain (in the examples above the addon domains are website1 and website2) it needs an index page in exactly the same way as you original site needs an index page.

John i think you may just be waiting for the servers to refresh but you also need to set up the dns names. this is an email i got from George at Voda support....

You update your DNS settings through VBS. Simply log in here:

Go to my sites, then my domains select the new domain name, then
          click change DNS. You will use the below:

ns15.vodahost.com
          ns16.vodahost.com

Changes will take up to 24 hours to take effect. We have updated
          the name servers for you so that you can get started sooner.
          __________________________________________________ _________________

I suppose it would be better to seperate the files of each new domain to make it easier to find and work with.

Abu.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
          X