help with homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with homepage

my website name is www.clunycaffeeparma.com but the home page name is www.clunycaffeeparma.com/home.html .. i wanted to ask how can i do that when i write the address www.clunycaffeeparma.com to go automaticly to www.clunycaffeeparma.com/home.html because if not it goes to my index!
    hope i was clear.
    thanks

Re: help with homepage

The only thing you can do is set a redirect up on index.html (index is the default page that is loaded when you type in the address. You don't have the access to the change that).

If you want a simple and more seamless redirect, create a page called

index.php on your computer (no in bv, just use notepad or wordpad).
    Enter this code
    <? header("Location: http://clunycafeeparma.com/home.html"); ?>

That will be an almost instant redirect to your home.html page. Then just upload it to the server.

The simplest solution is just make index.html your main page

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

i didnt understand very well what i should do. how i can upload index.php to the srever?
      please help me

Comment

Sorry, but i don't understand . If you actually want the page "home.html" to be your homepage, why don't you simply save it as "index" and publish it so ?

If you setup a redirect in your index, it wil not be available any more (because of the redirect) so what would be the use of this "index" page ?
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

how i can save it like index?

Comment

Simply open your "home" page in BV, then go in File, Save as, and save it as "index"
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Actually I was wrong. I didn't realize there was a .htaccess command to change the apache settings for the default page.

This might be hard to do if you have never used a ftp before, but basically if you were to go to your website, and find in your public_html directory a file called .htaccess.

Download that file to your computer, open it in notepad and add this line at the bottom

Code:
              DirectoryIndex home.html

And then save, and upload it back to the server (overwriting the old file).

This will set home.html as the default page that loads when you type in your domain name

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I believe that bassamtk simply ignored the fact that he needed to publish his page as index. If i am correct, as also Watdaflip has suggested, it is enough saving and publishing the "home" page as "index".
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X