Web Stats are they correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Stats are they correct?

I recently published my site about 2 weeks. The web stats say Ive had over 15,000 hits which seems incredibly high since it also states I only had 165 visitors. Ive been updating my site daily but can this cause it to have 15,000 hits?
    www.ME3ddd.com - Creative graphics and 3D animation

www.endbalding.blogspot.com Get remedies and info regarding hair loss

Re: Web Stats are they correct?

That is very possible. Every page that is viewed, even the same page are counted as a hit. It adds up quick. Its possible for them to be faulty if, but its relatively accurate

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hits and visitors are not the same thing....Every time a graphic or something s loaded it is counted as a hit.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I doubt Ive loaded enuff items to contribute to this number ..even a 1000 items loaded would be way too much.
        www.ME3ddd.com - Creative graphics and 3D animation

www.endbalding.blogspot.com Get remedies and info regarding hair loss

Comment

Its depends on your page. As vodahost has said all images count as a hit. Even pages with external stylesheets or javascript files count as a hit.

If you have 20 images on your website there will be 21 hits per page load (20 images + 1 html page (the page itself) )

If you and you and 9 other visitors view 10 pages daily that is 2100 hits a day (21*10*10) over close to 15k a week

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
          X