name index page 2nd site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name index page 2nd site

How do get exceptance of a second index page ?I know I saw it somewhere about changing something in public_html but I can't find it again and can't remember how I have transferred domain to blue voda and created a subdomain (or add on ).please let me know how.
    two cats

Re: name index page 2nd site

Simply create a folder in your computer, inside the BV folder. All the pages you create for this second site need to be saved inside this folder, in order not to get mixed with the pages of the original site. Then, when you publish, you need to change,in the Publish Dialogbox, the folder, from public_html to public_html/addonfoldername where addonfoldername is the actual folder name of the addon domain.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thank you navaldesign it's simple when you know how
      two cats

Comment

I thought it was simple but I'm new to this .where do I go to create a new folder in blue voda
        thanks
        two cats

Comment

In your BV, open a whatever page of the new site, File, > Save As, when the Save window opens, right click anywhere in the white spage, selct New, Folder, and give the name of the new folder.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks I hope I don't have to bother you again with such basic questions
            two cats

Comment

O.K that worked do I now delete from the open box those pages I have put in the folder and then publish from that folder ?
              thanks two cats

Comment

What you mean by Open box ? And what by "Delete ; "

Which pages, And delete from Where ? Your computer, your site, ?

Please clarify as i don't want to provide answers that could be wrong.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Sorry I named each page so as I created it., the name is displayed when you go to file and click open . now I have moved them to the domain name folder so I could rename the front page of the add on domain to index can I just delete those page names from the other list? will it just delete the name not the page?.I hope this explains it .thank you so much for your help
                  two cats

Comment

I believe that you mean that you have copied, not moved. If you had moved them, they would have automatically disappeared from the main folder.

If i understood correctly (which is, you have saved the addon domain pages ALSO in the addon domain folder) then yes, you can delete them by simply going in the Open page, click on the pages that you want to delete and just press Delete
                    Navaldesign

Comment

OK thank you I will do that so it's not so clutered.problem soved thanks again
                      two cats

Comment

Working...
                      X