Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to? Notification Page For PW Protected Pages

Hello!

I have read quite a bit on how to password protect pages under certain directories. I know how to access it in the control panel, how to add names, so on.

But I have a slight problem, and I'd be very greatful if someone could help me out!

When you go to a PW protected page, the login menu suddenly appears, asking for your login name and password. If you click the "x" box to close it, you are lead to the page that tells you your information was wrong, so on.

I'd like for a Notification page to pop up first instead of the login menu instantly appearing.

For example, when clicking on a link that leads to a password protected page, this page will show:

"The following page is for member's only, for your security.
    However, registering only takes a few quick minutes! Click "here" to register as a member. If you are already a member, click "here" to sign in."

And then, of course, if the member is signed in, and clicks ona link that leads to a password protected page, this "notification" page will not show up, and the link will simply follow through.

Password protecting is kind of important to me, because in the registering process they need to agree to a terms of service that has to do with their ordering of products. But having the login menu suddenly appear without any explanation will turn some people away, I believe.

Any thoughts? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Mrs. Whitt

Re: How to? Notification Page For PW Protected Pages

This is only possible with a custom made login script. You will need to use cookies (to have the the already registered users go through links without having to login) and a authentication script that will let new users know that they need to register before they can go on accessing a protected page.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ahh I was afraid of that.

Thank you very much for your answer! =) Hopefully I can get this working, hehe.

Comment

If not, contact me. This is the kind of jobs i do.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X