No announcement yet.

How do I move pages between computers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I move pages between computers?

I have two computers - one in work and one at home. When I try to save a bv file and re-open it on the other computer all I get is the location of missing files on the layout grid - without the actual pictures. Is there any way to move the complete pages between computers so that I can work on them at different locations? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: How do I move pages between computers?

Normally your files are in the My Documents folder, right? This folder is not the same on your two computers as you will also have a username like folder in the My Documents tree. Even if you copy the entire BV folder from My Documents on one pc to the My Documents folder on the other pc, the link to the images are broken due to the username folder.

The only sollution I can recommend is that you create a BV folder directly under the c:/ drive. The BV folder should contain all your website subfolders (if used). If you already started with the design, you need to re-insert the images. Thereafter, you should be okay to copy the folder from one pc to another.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Many thanks for the advice - I will give it a go!

Comment

I am doubtful it will work.

BlueVoda will always revert to the C:\My Document/BlueVoda by default.

Secondly after working on the BV pages at your work place how do you bring the pages that you were working on back to your home pc?

I have all my Bv and Voda Host documents in a separate drive [E:\My Domain]
        on my pc. I tried to work from this drive instead of My Document/BlueVoda and it just dosent work.

Everytime I open my pages to work on them, there was always something missing and had to repopulate every time. when U go to properties and click the browse button, BV will open C:\My Document/BlueVoda by default, then I have to search for my E:\My Domain drive and the folders which is troublesome.

[Both my C: and E:drives had the exact identical folders containing the exact same images]

I finally gave up and work from my C:\My Document/BlueVoda and my problems stopped.

The only way that you will be able to do what U are doing is to place everything in your laptop and bring the laptop everywhere U go.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I am doubtful it will work.

BlueVoda will always revert to the C:\My Document/BlueVoda by default.

Secondly after working on the BV pages at your work place how do you bring the pages that you were working on back to your home pc?
          Hi zuriatman,

You do not need to doubt any of this. I have just tested this by creating some testing pages on my pc. I then saved it to by c:/BlueVoda/subfolder x, etc. I then copied the entire folder to an external hard drive (you could have used a CD as well) and I then copied and pasted the entire folder to the c drive on another computer. The Preview works just fine. I have published the pages and that works fine. I then made some changes to the pages and saved it. Once again used the external hd to transfer the entire folder to my pc and everything (preview and publishing) work just fine.

As far as the default folder for BV is concerned, you can set the default as follows:
          1. In BV, click Tools >> Options.
          2. Open the Folders tab.
          3. Browse to the new folder you want to set as the default and click OK.

PS. You must just make sure that everything you use on your pages are somewhere in the c:/BlueVoda folder or sub-folders.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X