So a Seagull Walks Into a Shop ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a Seagull Walks Into a Shop ......

A seagull in Scotland has developed the habit of stealing chips from a neighborhood shop.

The seagull waits until the shopkeeper isn't looking, and then walks into the store and grabs a snack-size bag of cheese Doritos.

Once outside, the bag gets ripped open and shared by other birds.

The seagull's shoplifting started early this month when he first swooped into the store in
    Aberdeen, Scotland, and helped himself to a bag of chips. Since then, he's become a regular. He always takes the same type of chips.Customers have begun paying for the seagull's stolen bags of chips because they think it's so funny.

Can Anyone Confirm This????
    Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: So a Seagull Walks Into a Shop ......

What a great story!!!
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

lol Trish ... I wonder though, can't say I believe the part about the Seagull sharing, lol ... any seagull I've seen wasn't about to share anything, lol ... Maybe Scottish Gulls are different than NS gulls, lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

That's so funny... and not just because of the seagull's actions... but also because you guys call those 'chips' !
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Confirmation:

A seagull has turned shoplifter by wandering into a shop and helping itself to crisps.

The bird walks into the RS McColl newsagents in Aberdeen when the door is open and makes off with cheese Doritos.
          The seagull, nicknamed Sam, has now become so popular that locals have started paying for his crisps.
          Shop assistant Sriaram Nagarajan said: "Everyone is amazed by the seagull. For some reason he only takes that one particular kind of crisps."
          The bird first swooped in Aberdeen's Castlegate earlier this month and made off with the 55p crisps, and is now a regular.
          Once outside, the crisps are ripped open and the seagull is joined by other birds.
          'Fine art'
          Mr Nagarajan said: "He's got it down to a fine art. He waits until there are no customers around and I'm standing behind the till, then he raids the place.
          "At first I didn't believe a seagull was capable of stealing crisps. But I saw it with my own eyes and I was surprised. He's very good at it.
          The seagull takes the crisps outside and eats them

"He's becoming a bit of a celebrity. Seagulls are usually not that popular but Sam is a star because he's so funny."
          A spokesman for RSPB Scotland said: "I've never heard of anything like this before.
          "Perhaps it tried some crisps in a shiny packet in the street, and was just opportunistic one day at the shop when it saw what was inside.
          "As everyone knows, gulls can be very quick and fearless, and clearly this one is no exception." He added: "We'd discourage people from feeding gulls though, as gulls in towns generate lots of complaints every year, and the availability of food is the only reason they live in urban settings."

BBC News
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Here's a more close up and longer video I found of this cheaky seagull!

Comment

this is such a cute story ... love that customersare paying for his thefts ... what a great way to solve a problem ...
              kym, merlin & tala
              creating white majick
              www.whiteshepherds.com.au
              www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
              www.merlinsmajick.com
              www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Yes I read about this in our national newspaper, Dorito's where the crisps he was pinching and Dorito's are talking of using him in an advert for thier product. So he may come a bigger celebrity. Who's says the law is on the side of the victim
                www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

......awww, that's cute

Comment

I heard on the latest news that he is on his way to Canada, where is it "Crisper" ... hee hee ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

This thread has a lot of our guests reading/viewing it............great videos.
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                      Newbies / Beginners Forum
                      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Too funny and wonderful... crisps for gulls!
                        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Wow, and my daughter and husband thought I was full of Ship High In Transit, when I told them about how crazy the seagulls were for Doritos...I knew these birds would do anything for them...just didn't realize how crafty they have become...scary, yet funny. They started to believe me after one time at Bogue Inlet Pier, NC. We used to lay on our lounge chairs on the beach and watch them chase kids down for the Doritos. I used to bring a bag just for the birds, so my kids could eat them in peace on the beach, LOL.
                          Karen Williams
                          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                            That's so funny... and not just because of the seagull's actions... but also because you guys call those 'chips' !
                            You must remember that this is the same country who has universally been mispronouncing and spelling the word, aluminium ...because a small company decided not to send their letterhead paper order back for reprinting due to costs, it was their error...LOL.
                            Karen Williams
                            Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Wow how did this old thread get back on the first page. I remember this when first posted, great vid.
                              www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                              The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                              Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                              Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Working...
                              X