Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Where Do I Publish

Hello all.

I've just purchased a new domain and have completed the Add On process to my existing domain. I did the DNS bit also as per instruction in my VBS. So where do I publish my files to?

sally

Re: To Where Do I Publish

publish to

public_html/nameofnewdomain
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
      publish to

public_html/nameofnewdomain

Thanks for your reply.
      When I attempt to publish an Error 55o warning comes up stating that Can't change directory to public-html/mynewdomain. No such file or directory. I jusr sorted this today do I need to wait for a period?

Sally

Comment

Hi Sally,

Excuse me Beth just trying to help out.

Try it this way:-

"public_html" ..........is your domain name [http://www.yourdomain.html]

"index"...........is your home page [http://www.yourdomain/index.html]

"folder"..........is to organize your files [http://www.yourdomain/folder.html]

"file"........is your page [http://www.yourdomain/folder/file_of_sally-field.html]

When U publish u either publish all the files to your "public_html/"
        or if U want to be neat create a folder like so "public_html/folderx/" and
        publish your files in different folderx for different activities.

The different folders has to be created by U first in Cpanel.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi, if you have purchased a new domain & added it to your existing account under the name “nameofnewdomain” Cpannel will have created a new folder for you called “nameofnewdomain” You now publish your pages to your site as Beth has described. (public_html/nameofnewdomain/) This may take a few hours to settle in, but usually very quick.
          What is also needed is to create a new folder under your BV folder on your home computer for your new site. This is where you will keep all your new pages for this site. The reason for the new folder is to save accidentally overwriting pages on your existing site.
          IE: when you create a new index/home page for your new site, you should save to the new folder on your home machine & publish it as index only to the “public_html/nameofnewdomain/” & not index.html as mentioned in the previous post. This will alow visitors to arrive at your site by using the url
          http://www.nameofnewdomain.com & not http://www.nameofnewdomain.com/index.html

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for those replies. I believe I've followed the correct procedures but when I go to publish its still telling me that the directory does not exist. Perhaps more time needs to elapse for my new domain to become active?

Cheers,
            Sally.

Comment

what is the name of your new add-on domain?

THAT is what it needs to say after public_html/____________

I put in nameofnewdomain to signify THAT is where you type the name of the addon domain.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                what is the name of your new add-on domain?

THAT is what it needs to say after public_html/____________

I put in nameofnewdomain to signify THAT is where you type the name of the addon domain.

Thanks Bethers, No I've followed your instructions carefully and put the correct add on domain name after public-html/

I'v submitted a Support Ticket so hopefully that can resolve my problem.

Many thanks,

Sally.

Comment

Now we're sucking diesel.

Sally

Comment

Sally,

What is the URL to your add to your new add on domain?
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Geesh!
                      Depending on where she purchased/re-directed DNS, it could take as long as 96 hours for changes to take effect (providing the add-on domain was created properly).
                      Some providers take 45 minutes, some others constantly lag , so......maybe try a little patience?

To confirm that your new pages are properly published to your new add-on domain (and are simply waiting for new "pointing" directions to be seen), simply log into your cPanel >> File Manager, and drill into the tree to see the files themselves!
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                      X