Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Publishing to addon name with a subdomain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing to addon name with a subdomain.

Okay, i know the differance in a sub domain and a addon domain,, so i have a addon domain www.koolkatlogos.com and that has been published just fine. the problem is how to publish to a subdomain of my addon name , which is logos.

Do i need to make a new file for logos before i publish? or do i need to make a new folder for logos, and name the page index.html? Or levae it at logos.bvp ? Then how do i put it all together?

Does this make any sense? I sure hope someone can figure out what i am doing..lol

Re: Publishing to addon name with a subdomain.

Originally posted by guitarman62278 View Post
    Okay, i know the differance in a sub domain and a addon domain,, so i have a addon domain www.koolkatlogos.com and that has been published just fine. the problem is how to publish to a subdomain of my addon name , which is logos.

Do i need to make a new file for logos before i publish? or do i need to make a new folder for logos, and name the page index.html? Or levae it at logos.bvp ? Then how do i put it all together?

Does this make any sense? I sure hope someone can figure out what i am doing..lol

If you want logos to be a subdomain of koolkatlogos, you create a subdomain in your control panel for logos and use the drop down menu there to choose koolkatlogos ... you would then publish to public_html/logos - the url to this subdomain would then be www.logos.koolkatlogos.com/nameofpage.html

If you are merely wanting to create and publish a page called logos, within the domain koolkatlogos then you would publish to public_html/koolkatlogos and the url would be www.koolkatlogos.com/logos.html

It's always adviseable to create a new folder on your own computer for any sub or add on domains ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X