page name confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• page name confusion

I know I must appear ignorant.....but I am so confused. I watched the naming tutorial. I'm ready to publish my site after weeks of work...only to find I have incorrectly named my pages. I don't want to have to redo it a third time so I want to be sure before I begin again. Does each page have to have the name of the url included i.e....

48roses/nevadasympathyflowers.com

or can it be just 48roses ?

The tutorial is unclear because it uses html as an extension and I know I'm not supposed to include that. Aaacck. Any help would be so appreciated.

Heather@
    nevadasympathyflowers.com

Re: page name confusion

Hi

Naming, Saving and Publishing - pages are named and saved in your blue voda website builder as the name only ... example name, save and publishing your page 48roses as 48roses

Blue Voda will automatically add the extension of your page .html (or .php, whichever method you are using)

To apply a link to the page from another page or navigation bar you need to type http://www.nevadasympathyflowers.com/48roses.html

When naming and saving you do so by the name of the page only ...

When applying the links to this page, you need to contain the entire url (address) of your website followed by the name of the page and it's extension .html or .php

The only exception is your landing page which needs to be called index - only index, all small letters, no spaces ... and is recalled by the url of your domain without a page name ... example http://www.nevadasympathyflowers.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X