Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerPoint

Please HElp!

I am using windows Vista and i am trying to find the best way to get my powerpoint presentation into my site's page, i tried the ole object but it doesn't seem that the picts do any movement,
    If you have any suggestions please tell me.

Liberty
    Eleftheria Roussou
    Elkaza Apartments
    Fira, Santorini
    Cyclades Greece

Re: Power point matters

You might be in the wrong lounge here, but here we go. I do not have Vista, but maybe you can try the following: (Do not let this long procedure scare you; it is really easy to follow).

1. Open your PowerPoint file.
    2. Save it as a web page (File >> Save as Web page...)
    3. In the 2nd window, in the Save as Type field, make sure to select Single File Web Page.
    4. Click Save. (You will now have an .mhtml file)
    5. Now, in Blue Voda, Insert an Iframe on your page and resize as required.
    6. Copy this code:
    <style type="text/css">
    body {background-color: transparent}
    </style>

7. Right-click on the BlueVoda page and select Page HTML.
    8. Select the Between Head Tag tab.
    9. Paste the code (from step 6 above).
    10. Click the OK button.
    11. Now double-click the Iframe.
    12. Give the Iframe a name.
    13. In the URL field, type the url, e.g. http://www.yourowndomainname.com/presentationname.mht

(only use .mht for the powerpoint web page presentation extension).
    14. Upload the new PowerPoint web page to your site by using the FTP manager (in the Tools menu) OR use this tip:
    a. Click on the File Publisher button in BlueVoda.
    b. Double-click the shape inserted on the page.
    c. Click the Add button.
    d. Browse to and select your PowerPoint web page.
    e. Click the Open button.
    f. Click the OK button. (This procedure will automatically upload files (e.g. your selected PowerPoint web page) during publishing, instead of using the FTP).

15. Save your BlueVoda page.
    16. Publish the page.

When you view your page, you will see the presentation where the Iframe was located. You can view the presentation using the Outline tree, the next/back buttons or click the SLIDE SHOW button.

It works quite well and I hope this will help you. There might be other options, but this one works.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Of course you can also zip your PowerPoint file, upload it.
      Create a link to it on your page. Visitors will then have the option of saving or viewing the presentation.

This is the easiest, but I thought you might like the other option I have described above. Good luck.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Thanks a lot but it seems that my browser does not support an inline Frame,
        Eleftheria Roussou
        Elkaza Apartments
        Fira, Santorini
        Cyclades Greece

Comment

Re: PowerPoint

What do you mean your browser does not support the Iframe? It is a function in BlueVoda. Both Internet Explorer and FireFox are supporting it.

Please explain as I think it is something else...
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

IE7 treats iFrames as a suspicious script....check your browser and Java settings.

Then make sure you are allowing enough marginal spacing to "position" your iFrame clearly on your pages (remember, BV is a combination of HTML and CSS formatting).
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Just one issue when posting your presentation in a power point format on your site, is it's format, not everyone has ppt access on their computer. You could take your .ppt frames as images into windows movie maker and converting as a .wmv that everyone can view .. it's easy and you should have that on your computer ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks everyone here for the help, i am in the process of trying all of these.
                Eleftheria Roussou
                Elkaza Apartments
                Fira, Santorini
                Cyclades Greece

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                  Just one issue when posting your presentation in a power point format on your site, is it's format, not everyone has ppt access on their computer. You could take your .ppt frames as images into windows movie maker and converting as a .wmv that everyone can view .. it's easy and you should have that on your computer ..
                  Hi LadyEye,

The procedure I explained above, converts the PPT to a web page. I have actually disabled PPT on my PC and when I try to open an original PPT, it cannot open, whereas when I open the Web page (converted from PPT) it opens and plays perfectly.

This opens some doors. The only drawback about this is the size of the web page. If the PPT file is large, so will be the web page and loading could be slow. It is however ideal for short presentations.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

Hi Tom, I see that ... choices are great and somethings work better this way or that way or for this person or that person, lol ....

Here is a link for "Open-Office" - it's free and definitely gives those users without office an opportunity to have some of those features free .. it's actually a nice office program ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I want to have a look my ppt movement. How can I preview that, or I have to publish it first? How can I publish my site? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by soniazhang View Post
                        I want to have a look my ppt movement. How can I preview that, or I have to publish it first? How can I publish my site? Thanks

Did you receive your publishing and control panel details from ordering your voda host account yet?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

alternative solution is to convert powerpoint to flash

Comment

Good link post!

But....not everyone is familiar with or comfortable using Flash, nor are many websites appropriate for Flash elements to be added....
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
                              You might be in the wrong lounge here, but here we go. I do not have Vista, but maybe you can try the following: (Do not let this long procedure scare you; it is really easy to follow).

1. Open your PowerPoint file.
                              2. Save it as a web page (File >> Save as Web page...)
                              3. In the 2nd window, in the Save as Type field, make sure to select Single File Web Page.
                              4. Click Save. (You will now have an .mhtml file)
                              5. Now, in Blue Voda, Insert an Iframe on your page and resize as required.
                              6. Copy this code:
                              <style type="text/css">
                              body {background-color: transparent}
                              </style>

7. Right-click on the BlueVoda page and select Page HTML.
                              8. Select the Between Head Tag tab.
                              9. Paste the code (from step 6 above).
                              10. Click the OK button.
                              11. Now double-click the Iframe.
                              12. Give the Iframe a name.
                              13. In the URL field, type the url, e.g. http://www.yourowndomainname.com/presentationname.mht

(only use .mht for the powerpoint web page presentation extension).
                              14. Upload the new PowerPoint web page to your site by using the FTP manager (in the Tools menu) OR use this tip:
                              a. Click on the File Publisher button in BlueVoda.
                              b. Double-click the shape inserted on the page.
                              c. Click the Add button.
                              d. Browse to and select your PowerPoint web page.
                              e. Click the Open button.
                              f. Click the OK button. (This procedure will automatically upload files (e.g. your selected PowerPoint web page) during publishing, instead of using the FTP).

15. Save your BlueVoda page.
                              16. Publish the page.

When you view your page, you will see the presentation where the Iframe was located. You can view the presentation using the Outline tree, the next/back buttons or click the SLIDE SHOW button.

It works quite well and I hope this will help you. There might be other options, but this one works.

I just did whatever you said and I understand how it works. I did the file publisher thing and publish the page but in the inline frame the page cannot displayed...I don't know why...Any ideas?? And interesting at all, as I write in the browser www.mydomainname.org/thefilename.mht it's okey.It works well.. It's not seen in the inline frame...doesn't it weird??
                              Feyza

www.sesan.org
                              Self Representing Art Workers

Comment

Working...
                              X