Girlfriend Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend Upgrade

Last Year, I upgraded my GirlFriend 3.1 to GirlFriendPlus1.0 (marketing name: Fiancee1.0).

Recently though I upgraded Fiancee1.0 to Wife1.0 and it's a real memory hogger, has taken all my space; and Wife1.0 must be running before I can do anything.

Although I didn't ask for them, Wife1.0 came with Plug-Ins such as MotherInLaw and BrotherInLaw.

Some features I'd like to see in the upcoming GirlFriend4.0. -
    A "Don't remind me again" button - Minimize button - Shutdown feature - An install shield feature so that Girlfriend4.0 can be completely uninstalled if so desired (so you don't lose cache and other objects)

I tried running Girlfriend 2.0 with Girlfriend 1.0 still installed, they tried using the same I/O port and conflicted.

Then I tried to uninstall Girlfriend 1.0 but it didn't have an uninstall program. I tried to uninstall it by hand, but it put files in my system directory.

Another thing that sucks -- in all versions of Girlfriend that I've used is that it is totally "object orientated" and only supports hardware with gold plated contacts.

***** BUG WARNING ******** Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources.

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Girlfriend Upgrade

I prefer to download many trial versions, then uninstall when the free trial period is expired. That way, "There are always more fish in the C:"!

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
      Last Year, I upgraded my GirlFriend 3.1 to GirlFriendPlus1.0 (marketing name: Fiancee1.0).

Recently though I upgraded Fiancee1.0 to Wife1.0 and it's a real memory hogger, has taken all my space; and Wife1.0 must be running before I can do anything.

Although I didn't ask for them, Wife1.0 came with Plug-Ins such as MotherInLaw and BrotherInLaw.

Some features I'd like to see in the upcoming GirlFriend4.0. -
      A "Don't remind me again" button - Minimize button - Shutdown feature - An install shield feature so that Girlfriend4.0 can be completely uninstalled if so desired (so you don't lose cache and other objects)

I tried running Girlfriend 2.0 with Girlfriend 1.0 still installed, they tried using the same I/O port and conflicted.

Then I tried to uninstall Girlfriend 1.0 but it didn't have an uninstall program. I tried to uninstall it by hand, but it put files in my system directory.

Another thing that sucks -- in all versions of Girlfriend that I've used is that it is totally "object orientated" and only supports hardware with gold plated contacts.

***** BUG WARNING ******** Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources.

lol ... this just had me in tears of laughter ...
      kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

ha ha,

.........heard this one before, but still funny....lol

Comment