Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing pages from internet - de publish

Hi, hope I am in the right section :)
    I was wondering if we can remove a page that is on the site?
    I have a page which I no longer require, are we able to remove it from the site and off the internet?
    If yes, would you mind letting me know how to do it please.
    Thanks heaps,

Leanne (Willows)

Re: Removing pages from internet - de publish

Hi Leanne,

I can help you here, have done this on a few occasions now myself.

Ok, In your BV program go to 'tools' 'ftp manager'

Connect to your FTP.

On the right hand side it should automatically open up into your public_html folder.

Find the page within this list

Highlight it by clicking on it once.

right click then delete.

Page gone.

Please note however, that search engines may have indexed this page and so it may still come up in results and when someone clicks on it it will show a 404 error.

Google do have a program 'Webmaster Tools' that you can submit the url of the page to them and ask them to delete it from their searches too.

Otherwise if you are not too worried, after you delete the page from your servere it will eventually get removed from the se's too.

Make sure that your site has no links to this unwanted page too.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

And if that page has been around awhile - why not keep it and use it for information on the topic? More pages is good.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Can someone please help me? I made a mess and I was about to show my new site in a presentation. My site was working fine and then I pointed a new name to bluevoda and did an addon. The name showed up in my public_html folder.

I was trying to learn how to publish to that new name and made a "test" page, named it index and saved it to the new domain name folder on my computer (removepetpain) and then published it.

It showed up at my initial url www.datingtipsforboomers.com and the good page disappeared.

I went into CP and deleted the test index page and now all I have is all the files listed on my website.

i really messed something up and need to fix it immediaely for the presentation.

Thanks if anyone has advice.

Comment

Originally posted by tea View Post
          Can someone please help me? I made a mess and I was about to show my new site in a presentation. My site was working fine and then I pointed a new name to bluevoda and did an addon. The name showed up in my public_html folder.

I was trying to learn how to publish to that new name and made a "test" page, named it index and saved it to the new domain name folder on my computer (removepetpain) and then published it.

It showed up at my initial url www.datingtipsforboomers.com and the good page disappeared.

I went into CP and deleted the test index page and now all I have is all the files listed on my website.

i really messed something up and need to fix it immediaely for the presentation.

Thanks if anyone has advice.

Hi, hopefully you still have the .bvp file named index for your original domain - or did you overwrite it on your own computer?? If you did you will need to make again and republish.

You will need to create your own file folder on your own computer for the second domain. OKAY I SEE you have done this part. You will need to create it's own index page like you have, but store it into this new folder on your computer, then publish all the pages you create for this new domain to it's directory - which would be public_html/removepetpain

you will need to type removepetpain after public_html/ when you publish to this domain and remove it when you publish to your main domain ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I can't thank you enough for your help. I really appreciate it. I understand now.

Comment

Working...
            X