Moving Files into Subdirectories in Blue FTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Files into Subdirectories in Blue FTP

First question, I want to move files in Blue FTP into sub directories but I need specific directions. When I try to drag them into the new folder nothing happens. When I right click on the folder and then select move, I get the Local directory and not the server directory. I also tried typing in the file name, but nothing happened again. Please help. Thanks.

Second question, if these files are associated with a specific link and I put them in a subdirectory would the link go:

www.domain.com/subdirectory/file.html

Thanks

Re: Moving Files into Subdirectories in Blue FTP

Not sure I understand but here goes,

If you want a sub directory on any domain best thing to do is go to blueftp and connect, then on the right side (server side) click the domain chose file then new folder and name the folder. Now upload any pages to that subfolder, if you are doing it from ftp it's easy just move them across, if you are doing it from bluevoda make sure you have the sub directory added when you publish ie,

public_html/subdirectory

so if your domain had an added sub directory called shop and you uploaded a page called stuff, it would look like this,

public_html/shop/stuff

You would have created the page in bluevoda and saved it as "stuff" then published to public_html/shop

Hope this helps

Paul

Comment

Working...
    X