Fires in CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fires in CA

I have just had some bad news - my brother and his wife have been evacuated from their home is Escondido, CA because of the fires. They have had to leave their animals behind (an emu, pig, llamas and birds). I am praying the wind changes and they are all safe!

My thoughts with everyone else in these terrible fires.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Re: Fires in CA

Oh Trish.
    Terrible fires, just terrible. On the upside, fire fighters from all over california are joining forces and going there to help with the battle. I know the 'Santa Anas' winds make it all the harder to fight, but they are hard at it. One of the things reported here is that they are trying to handle evacuations in a orderly manner, so I know some areas are going earlier than they normally would to avoid the horrible jams that have happened in the past. Hopefully the winds will shift, and your brother's place will be okay......
    My heart and prayers are with your family, and all the others affected by these fires.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Oh Trish, I can just imagine how they're feeling right now......how terrible for them.......sending them some rain & prayers.

Is that by you Liz?

Comment

I hope your brothers place and everyone will be okay Trish. Hope we hear good news.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

No, Robyn, it isn't. I am up by San Francisco, which is anywhere from 7 to 10 hours from the fires. They are really widespread, but all in Southern California.
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

.....wow scary for those people eh.

Comment

250,000 people evacuated in San Diego County - terrible! Houses lost less than a mile away from my brothers, but from what I can make out his is still standing for now! It's going to go on until Thursday too! The big fires are 0 % contained - can you imagine that?

I've been keeping up to date with the news blogs and it is just horrific - people are being evacuated, and then evacuated again as the fire direction changes! My heart goes out to everyone, not just my brother. In the fire closest to him 750 houses have been lost already.

The last thing he did before he left his house was to video the inside - I can't imagine that, leaving all my belongings except what I could carry, and then going away to wait it out being able to do nothing else!
              Trish
              www.Limebrook.com
              www.MountainWalk.co.uk
              www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

my thoughts are with you ... there are no adequate words for what everyone is going through ... but send angels to everyone affected everywhere ...
                kym, merlin & tala
                creating white majick
                www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                www.merlinsmajick.com
                www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi Trish,

You have my hopes and prayers with you and your family....
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

Although I know that there are still 100s of 1000s of people evacuated, and many have lost their homes, the danger now seems to be past for my brother, family and animals.

The strange thing is that I was better informed than him - even though I am the other side of the world! I was reading an excellent local newspaper's blog site - it gives regular updates of the fires and local action, and other people add their comments too. Because of that I was able to warn him Tuesday night (Tuesday lunchtime for him!) that the fires were getting perilously close to his home, and he arranged for emergency evacuation for the llamas, and went back to open the emu's pen so she could run if need be!

The next morning (for me!) I read about the tremendous battle the firefighters and some locals had made for their road - they managed to stop the fire from damaging any of their homes. 15 in the next road were lost however. When I was next able to contact my brother (8 hours later due to the time difference) he had returned home (although the evacuation order was still in place), but was unaware of the tremendous effort that had gone on! We had to laugh that I knew more than he!

Anyway, later on the evac order was lifted, so they were home legally. The llamas are still away on their beach holiday, but the emu had decided home was best and had stayed put! They haven't been out to survey how close the fire had come yet as the air is so bad.

It was a very very close call - but at least they are all safe. The only casualty was one of the snakes who escaped from its travelling container in the car on the way home! Don't know if it is still in the car (those buggers can hide extremely well), but it's a Californian native snake so will probably be okay anyway. Bet the people they were staying with were glad it didn't escape in their house!

Thanks for the good wishes everyone - lets all pray for those with their homes still in danger! And thank the magnificent fire fighters who are doing such an amazing job!
                    Trish
                    www.Limebrook.com
                    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Great news Trish.. glad everyone is safe, and all the critters, too.

Laughed about the emu staying put. My friend works at an emu ranch, and she said it probably couldn't figure where the gate was.. LOL

Funny how 'small' the world gets with the internet, isn't it.

Well, will keep the good thoughts for those still endangered. Looks like the winds are letting up, so more firefighting progress will be made today.

Blessings on all.
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

that's great Trish ... we'll keep sending angels for everyone though ...

kym, merlin & tala
                        creating white majick
                        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                        www.merlinsmajick.com
                        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

wow, what a story Trish....

everyone's safe, even the animals.....all except for one snake who might be in the car hiding.........oh boy, would I ever NOT be going in that car.......lol

thanks for keeping us posted

Comment

Good News Trish, I am sure your brother and family are glad to be back home, there is no place like home you soon realize at times like this.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by C L View Post
                              wow, what a story Trish....

everyone's safe, even the animals.....all except for one snake who might be in the car hiding.........oh boy, would I ever NOT be going in that car.......lol

thanks for keeping us posted
                              I'm with you there completely! LOL
                              Trish
                              www.Limebrook.com
                              www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                              www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
                              X