Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions galore

Hello,
    I am considering purchasing one of your hosting packages, but have some questions. Please forgive me if some of these have been answered previously, but my head is spinning from all the shopping around and information gathering I've been doing.

1) I understand I can transfer a domain name.
    a) What is the charge to do this? In the video re: transferring it shows a fee of $8.15, but I'm not sure if this an accurate amount or just a random amount shown in video.
    b) If there is a 60-day waiting period before I can transfer, does this mean I should wait 2 months before I sign up with you (I just registered the domain name no more than a week ago)?

2) The major thrust of my site will be the use of classified ads - I'm wondering if you provide this facility, and where. I see that the vodabids "forum" operates along these lines, and I wonder if this is how a classified ad kind of feature could work (if you don't provide a separate script for this). This is important, as it will be the purpose of my site.

3) I'm confused about the difference between a regular hosting account and a "merchant" account. I'd like to be able to accept paypal on my site, but would like to be able to do this with a basic hosting account. Is this capability provided, or will I have to purchase some sort of special commerce/business kind of hosting plan?

Thanks for all the information you provide here in the forums. It's such a good sign...

and thank you kindly for your help,
    Pamela

Re: questions galore

1A) Your are correct

1B) The 60 day hold on transfers only applies to new domain names. The alternative
    is to leave your domin name where it is and just change your name servers to ours.

2) Yes we provide you with over 2 dozen free scripts including Noah's Classifieds.

3) A Hosting account has to do with "web hosting" only. This means your website.
    Nothing more. A merchant account is how you take money online. We work with
    several large merchant account providers..We can get you set up very easily.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Wowee zowee that was quick! Thanks so much.

If I were to choose just to change name servers to yours, what does that mean? I don't understand the difference. If it's just a matter of a charge, which is negligible really, is it the wise thing to do to just switch it all over to you?

Also, I'm still not clear if with a basic hosting account (and let's say, just for clarification, using your Noah's classifieds - is this a free service within account?) I can accept payment (paypal, for instance) or I'd need to purchase something else, in addition, or in lieu of.

Thanks again,
      Pamela

Originally posted by VodaHost
      1A) Your are correct

1B) The 60 day hold on transfers only applies to new domain names. The alternative
      is to leave your domin name where it is and just change your name servers to ours.

2) Yes we provide you with over 2 dozen free scripts including Noah's Classifieds.

3) A Hosting account has to do with "web hosting" only. This means your website.
      Nothing more. A merchant account is how you take money online. We work with
      several large merchant account providers..We can get you set up very easily.

Comment

1) Click the below for tutorials about changing nameservers (DNS)

VodaHost's tutorials about how to change your name servers (DNS)

2) Click the below for a complete list of account features including pricings. Noah is
        100% free and included in your account.

web hosting and domain names features list. Quality and affordable web hosting

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X