X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to Load all My pages

This is my first attempt at web building and using BV
    I have created a small site with 6 pages of text and photos, on attempting to publish only 2 of the pages were successful.
    Hyperlinks would appear to be the problem but the menu bar properties on the index pages show all hyperlinks to be correct and of the same format.
    I cannot get the link window to appear on individual pages since the tool is not highlighted and does not appear by right clicking or typing Ctrl K.
    Any suggestions on how to solve the problem would be appreciated.
    Jim
    ID 18639

Re: Failure to Load all My pages

Jim, how about you give us your url so we can have a look and help you figure out what's going on?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

My url is www.cyprusvillaforsale.eu
      as you can guess i am trying to sell my house.
      Hope you can help.
      Jim

Comment

I am not seeing a menu bar on this page - I am also moving your thread to naming saving & publishing ...

1. Build your page
        2. name your page (all small letter, no caps, no spaces)
        3. publish your page
        4. link to the page via your url and name of page followed by .html

example - page name house
        save as house
        publish as house
        link as http://www.cyprusvillaforsale.eu/house.html

As I say, I do not see the menu bar on your page.

Awesome, awesome place though! Good Luck with your sale. Wish it were me buying :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

There appears to be a problem with the cache on Firefox. All the changes and republishing I have been making are not showing on the web pages. I have been told that the answer is to clear the cache, reboot and try again. I have done this and made some progress - the menu bar is back and I now have 4 pages on the site, only 2 to go!!
          What next??
          Jim

Comment

Hi Jim

Yes, I now see your navigation bar on your main page, you are correct there are still two pages that the navigation is not working for. Check again what you have named and published these pages as, usually there is a typo somewhere in the naming or linking, both must match as you know.

It's also a good idea, which you might already be attempting to do, to put your navigation bar on all pages ... easier for your viewers to access any page from any page ...

You are correct about clearing your cache, sometimes your browser holds onto a page and won't show you the changes. I am viewing in IE6 ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have now taken a big step Backwards!! no pages are available for viewing!!!
              This could be that I have corrupted the site when trying to set up the email account (still unsuccessful) is this possible?, I definitely messed up Incredimail when I received 600 repeat emails.
              Back to square one, I will reload all the pages and try the menu bar on all pages.
              Jim

Comment

Jim, looks like you have got the menu bars sorted out, but all don't work on all pages. just off the top, the villa location link doesn't work from the home or first floor page.
                There are lots of tools available to help you check these things, but here is one that I like. Try using this site. you can enter the url of each page, one at a time, and it will tell you alot about the page including if all the links are working. If it says you have broken links, click on that, and it will tell you which ones are broken.
                Lots of stuff to learn there - it can tell you what pictures are too heavy, that sort of thing.
                Have fun, and good luck
                Nice site.
                Liz
                www.sebastopolparty.com
                www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

All up and running now!
                  I think I had a problem with the length of the file name - too many underscores. BV help did not confirm length of file name to be a problem but I changed it to a much shorter version and its all OK.
                  How do I get on Google directory/listing. I have made the search engine submission to BV but that will take 4-8 weeks to get listed!!!
                  Is there a shortcut? Are Google adwords a waste of time for a non business site?
                  Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X