Previewing in Multiple Browsers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previewing in Multiple Browsers

In BV I see that the "Preview" button has a dropdown arrowhead I can click, revealing the "Default Browser" and "Edit Browser List" options. When I select the latter, I'm not sure what to type into the Name and Command fields of the "Add Browser" dialog box. Please confirm:

1) I want to be able to preview pages in browsers other than IE (my default). From what I've read it looks like the next-most-popular browsers after IE are Netscape Navigator, Mozilla, and Mozilla Firefox (hope I have those names right). Can anyone confirm if that's true?

2) Assuming it is, what do I type (a URL, or just the browser name, or something else) into the Name space of the "Add Browser" dialog box to add these options to my list of browsers? What should I type into the "Command" field?

3) After populating the Browser List, whenever I want to preview a page in more than one browser, how can I do it--what do I click? Will all my browsers be in the dropdown to the right of the "Preview" button?

4) Also, even though I use a Windows PC (and don't have a Mac), is there any way I can preview pages in IE for Mac? Thanks.

Re: Previewing in Multiple Browsers

Hi, you will have to go to each browsers site & down load each browser onto your machine. Once this is done you can then add each browser via the Edit browser list.
    I believe the most common are IE, Firefox, Opera,
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks, that helps, but could you also address #2 and #3 in my earlier message? As for #4, I strongly suspect the answer is no, but I'd like to hear that from someone else if possible. Thanks y'all.

Comment

No problem! I will let someone else answer your questions.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Jim,

When you have your browsers downloaded, in the name field type IE, Firefox, etc., then you must enter it's executable file location on your computer: C:/mycomputer/programfiles/firefox.exe. All you enter will appear in drop-down menu.

With Firefox, there is a toolbar button at the bottom that allows you to render your FF page into an IE page with one click (it's the FF logo).

As far as Mac, you'll have to wait for someone else to answer.

Good luck to you,

Comment

Anyone know why FORMS do not display properly in Firefox ... form boxes are narrow and text illegible???

Comment

Working...
            X