Lost all BlueVoda files on my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost all BlueVoda files on my computer

I recentley had to reinstall Windows on my PC and lost all BlueVoda files that I designed through BlueBVoda page builder. All of my files are on the BlueVoda server through FTP so how do I copy them alll back to my PC (Documents) so I can load them through the Blue Voda page builder like I did before?

I can't figure it out. Are they lost for good? Will I not be able to put them back on my PC so I can access them through page builder like I did before, or is there a way to copy them back to my PC and if so , what folder do I put them in, ect.? I'm not to smart when it comes to stuff like this so a step by step help instruction would really help me out. If not, I'm in trouble because I will have to completely redesign my site which took months to make/design in the first place.

I'm lost....

Thanks

Chris

Re: Lost all BlueVoda files on my computer

i would think that you would use your ftp tool with bv and transfer all your pages and images back to your hard drive. I'm sure that you could clone your pages with your clone page tool in bv. Further, I'm sure with all the experts here they will either agree with me or give you more input on what to do.
    Good luck
    Mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi Chris,

Sorry to state the obvious (and yes you can call me a few horrible names) but what about your backup files?

I'm a college lecturer and I got caught many years ago when my hard drive (it was a P1) went to cyber heaven. I lost everything.

You can never be too careful! Today, I have 2 x 8GB flash drives (USB flash sticks) and an 80GB portable HD, plus the server at TAFE.

Backup, Backup, Backup!

I do empathise with you ... it's not a nice feeling.

Good luck on the rebuild.

Cheers,
      Mark Barnes

mvb@tsn.cc
      www.futuristicpromotions.com

Comment

Hi, if you do indeed have a copy of your .bvp files, you can connect to your ftp and locate the .bvp file, right click on the file and copy the file to MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA on your computer - you would only have a copy of the .bvp file if you specifically did so ... otherwise what you will find will be a .html file not a .bvp file (Blue Voda converts the .bvp to .html when publishing)

If you do not have your .bvp files the simplest method for you now would be to import your .html files.

1. open a new blank page in blue voda
        2. go to file
        3. choose NEW PAGE from existing html
        4. type in the url for each page (you will do this for every page)
        5. IMPORTANT - tick remote on the internet
        6. save this file by the name of the page and save in MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA

Your page will be imported for you, most things will import for you but you will need to make a few necessary adjustments here and there. If your images do not come in for you, you can go to your website on the internet and right click and save your images, save your images to a folder of your choice and you will then just double click on the area where the image should be and reinsert the image and republish. Dependent on what type of navigation you used you will also need to make some adjustment there .. importing the page will bring in much of what you need, but like I say a few adjustments are needed.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
          Hi, if you do indeed have a copy of your .bvp files, you can connect to your ftp and locate the .bvp file, right click on the file and copy the file to MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA on your computer - you would only have a copy of the .bvp file if you specifically did so ... otherwise what you will find will be a .html file not a .bvp file (Blue Voda converts the .bvp to .html when publishing)

If you do not have your .bvp files the simplest method for you now would be to import your .html files.

1. open a new blank page in blue voda
          2. go to file
          3. choose NEW PAGE from existing html
          4. type in the url for each page (you will do this for every page)
          5. IMPORTANT - tick remote on the internet
          6. save this file by the name of the page and save in MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA

Your page will be imported for you, most things will import for you but you will need to make a few necessary adjustments here and there. If your images do not come in for you, you can go to your website on the internet and right click and save your images, save your images to a folder of your choice and you will then just double click on the area where the image should be and reinsert the image and republish. Dependent on what type of navigation you used you will also need to make some adjustment there .. importing the page will bring in much of what you need, but like I say a few adjustments are needed.

Thank you very much! You made my day!

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X