Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftp question

Hi Guys,
    I'm wanting to have an ftp site where my clients can go and get audio files. I'm not sure how to set it up. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John Weeks
    www.johnweeksaudio.com

Re: ftp question

Hi John, are you looking to sell an audio file or just want the facility to click on a link & down load? This link may help for a normal download LINK
    If it’s a payment then a down load, you will need a form of cart to do this. Lots of free ones out there. I also believe that VH’s soho cart has this facility, but you would have to create a sub domain to place the program in. (Not a major job)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,
      I'm looking to have a place that clients can log in and just download files I've recorded for them. Each client would need a different user name and password to access thier files. All the files could sit on one site/page.
      Thanks for your help,
      John
      Thanks,
      John Weeks
      www.johnweeksaudio.com

Comment

Hi, this is no problem assuming that you don’t mind if the client gives out their password for anyone else to use. It will still be an area for just that client & will still have just there files only. Try this link http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/private/ & use
        Name = chris
        Password = 505050
        If this is the sort of thing? You will be able to have as may protected areas as you need.
        This link will help LINK. If you get stuck, pop a post back here.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,
          I created an "audio" folder and added a user. I then uploaded a blank page. The problem I'm having is that when I go to that page
          http://www.johnweeksaudio.com/audio it says the page doesn't exist.
          I don't know what I did wrong, but I'm almost there.
          Thanks for your help!
          John
          Thanks,
          John Weeks
          www.johnweeksaudio.com

Comment

i think you forgot the html at the end, i added it to the link and it worked fine.
            mrmagoo144
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks Mr. Magoo! I'm not sure what I'm doing here. It still doesn't password protect the page. I think I have a lot of reading and tutorials to watch.
              Thanks again..
              Thanks,
              John Weeks
              www.johnweeksaudio.com

Comment

Hi John. what you would be doing is password protecting a folder & any files you place in that folder would be under the same password. If you need to protect files for another client, you would then create another folder & protect that with a new name & password. Then all the file that are published or uploaded to this 2nd folder would only be accessed via the new name & p/word. This you can do as many time as you wish.
                So it means you could have 1 folder with 50 files in that are accessed via 1 name/password.
                Dont be disillusioned if when you have got into a password protected area once that you seem able to get back in a 2nd time without the p/word. I think it works on a session or time out feature.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I think I have it worked out. Thanks for all the help!
                  Thanks,
                  John Weeks
                  www.johnweeksaudio.com

Comment

Working...
                  X