No announcement yet.

Form Tool - And email submission HELP !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Tool - And email submission HELP !

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me with this. I have designed a basic page, which uses the form tool in Bluevoda. Basically i want people to submit their Name, Address and email. They fill in the details on the page, and i get them emailed to me. I have watched the tutorials but am still stuck :(

So my questions are .....

1/ when i click submit, i get no email, wheres it gone ?

2/ can i get the submit button to change in some way, after it been clicked, therefore preventing people from multiple clicks ?

thanks guys, heres the pages temporary home...

www.essexconnections.co.uk/mountbovers1.html
    www.essexconnections.co.uk

Re: Form Tool - And email submission HELP !

Well, not sure which tutorial you watched, but try this one; http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

Start from scratch an give it a try.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

i would suggest you use the ABVFP form software that was designed by Naval. It is completely secure, which the BV is not. It is easy to upload and make forms. you can make as many forms as you want per website, it gives you a thank you page as well as an error page. you can find this link if you go to forms forum. Like you I did not have very good results from the Blue Voda forms. you can see the form I built with this link.
      Mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info/tprpressaprint.html
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

thanks but i really wanted to stick with bluevodas easy one, i used this tutorial http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt..._basicform.htm
        www.essexconnections.co.uk

Comment

The BV one basically shows how to make a simple form. The mailto: method is not good for data transfer and the best way is to use php.

The link I gave is the simplist of forms with the php mail function. I applaud your effort to "do it yourself" but have to agree with mrmagoo. The ABVFP is the best for making a secure form. And you may think that you are not asking for sensitive material and that is not what I mean by secure.

Forms can be used by third parties to send spam which will appear to come from you. This is not only possible but probable. Thefore, I suggest using a bit of caution and making a secure form.

Give ABVFP a try.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
          X