X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site transfer to VodaHost

Hi
    My site is www.miscarriage-ni.org.uk

I have been asked to "take over" the existing site www.rvhliversupportgroup.co.uk

The current hosting account is about to expire and I would like to transfer it to VodaHost (am I allowed a free transfer?)

After transferring, will the site run as it did with the previous hosting? (it was probably crated using MS Frontpage)

Hope this all makes sense

Kind Regards

Colin

Re: Site transfer to VodaHost

You cannot add a site belonging to another business on your hosting account, only sites that belong to you and your business.

They can create a new account and you could run it for them, but if you are keeping the same site and not rebuilding it then you will still need to transfer all the files over to the account server.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi
      So, if I completely rebuilt the site using VB what do I do then?

Sorry to be so dense!

You've helped me in the past with web design (my home page on www.miscarriage-ni.org.uk)

Kind Regards

Colin

Comment

Well, personally I would ask the owner to set up a VH hosting account first, then you just make the site in the same way you did yours.

However, as this is someone elses business you will need to polish up on your optimisation methods. Making a site for yourself and making one for someone carries very different responsibilities.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi, the folks I am doing this for own the domain name. They are quite happy for me to do this for them. All I need to know is, if I build a site for them can I add it to my account (i.e. addon)? They are not happy with their current host and their hosting subscription expires on 14th Nov 2007 which they are not going to renew. They will want to keep the domain name www.rvhliversupportgroup.co.uk Can what I am asking be done?

Kind Regards

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by albumin40 View Post
            Hi, the folks I am doing this for own the domain name. They are quite happy for me to do this for them. All I need to know is, if I build a site for them can I add it to my account (i.e. addon)? They are not happy with their current host and their hosting subscription expires on 14th Nov 2007 which they are not going to renew. They will want to keep the domain name www.rvhliversupportgroup.co.uk Can what I am asking be done?

Kind Regards

Colin
            This has been answered repeatedly, both here and elsewhere throughout the forum:

NO, each must have their own account.
            You cannot add domains owned by another to your account, nor can you offer VodaHost services or technologies by proxy.

If I were in your *****, I would quickly enroll in the VodaGold Affiliate program, so your clients can use your link to establish a new account (this pays you $70 commission), and to do so in time to take advantage of the "Halloween Sale" going on until 11-2 ...... they can save $30 by entering the Coupon Code. During the account set-up, you can also request the domain name to be transferred. If not, simply let it remain where it is and re-direct the DNS to the new VodaHost account.

Then, simply have your friend forward the confirmation email to you so you can have access to their account to load their website into!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your help. I think the light is beginning to dawn!

Kind Regards

Colin

Comment

Working...
              X