meta tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meta tags

are meta tags COMPLETELY necessary? if i don't have heaps of info on my site, do i need them? and will people still be able to find my site on google? or not? i guess im just not sure what keywords to use as there really snt that much actual information on the site yet.

??thanks
    www.sportsterriderssa.com

Re: meta tags

Hi
    Meta tags are important. Use Keyword Digger in BV. Check out the tutorial on this.

Regards

Comment

Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe a lot of the major search engines are now bypassing keywords etc in favour of good content on each page.

Probably the best advice that Bethers has ever said on this issue is BUILD YOUR SITE FOR YOUR POTENTIAL VISITORS AND NOT THE SEARCH ENGINES.

Whatever your site is about, whilst you build it, put yourself in your potential customer's eyes. You are a visitor to your site... what would YOU want to see... what Wouldn't you want or need to see...

Pay more attention to keywording the content on your pages but in a reasonable fashion, don't spam the site with keywords this will just have the opposite effect.

Ensure your site is layed out as simplistic and user friendly as possible. Don't let potential customers have to search for ten minutes to find your phone number, email address etc...

I still keyword my sites, but pay far more attention to detail on the actual content and to have in 10 years never failed to get page one rankings for every site I have made. It can be done... lot's of hard work though... Good luck,
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ramsey is correct!

5 or 6 keyword PHRASES is what you should be shooting for at the MOST, sometimes less. If you use the keyword tag, and I still do for the smaller SE, and also to direct my focus on this page, and this page ONLY and what I want to do on it. Helps keep you in line if nothing else. Each page can have its own meta and it should NOT be *******ted word for word or phrase for phrase to any other page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
          Ramsey is correct!

Karen
          awww shuckkkss!!! Not many people say that about me that often xxxxxx
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

And - while Ramsey and Karen are correct - there are other meta tags other than the keywords. I find the title is important - and the description is important. This follows exactly with Ramsey saying to build the page for the viewer - as the title is what they see at the top of the page (but is still considered part of the meta) and the description is often what the se's show when people search to tell them about the page - so an accurate meta description of each page, well written like a mini ad - is very important.

As to the many other metas - if the time comes you need them for some reason - you can always add them.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks to all of you for such great help! i shall get onto that right away!
              ________
              jess
              www.sportsterriderssa.com

Comment

Good luck Jess, do come back and show us what you've made...

Comment

Working...
                X