Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a Quicky

Hi everyone..........

I have just purchased a second domain name with BV.

The first domain site is built with oscommerce and I`m wanting to do the same with the second.

With this second domain, do i publsih the oscommerce site to just the public folder or do I create a new folder to avoid wiping the original site?

Hope you follow what i mean!

Thanks and I look forard to your reply, Steve

Re: Just a Quicky

First you need to add this new domain to your account, as addon domain. During the procedure, a new folder will be created, named after your new domain name. Install OSC in there.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for taking interest navel

I know this should be an easy task, bu im a little confused!

Where you say I need to "add this domain name to account", did you mean when I purchased the second domain on BV order form? (As I did This)

Or........Through control panel? If so which one...?

I have tried logging into both CP`s and can see the addon option but not sure which one i need to add the new domain name to.

Do i need to log into the original control panel (yourlovestore) and go to addon there and fill out the bits there? Or via the new domain name C.P, anglaindropshippers.

I thought it would be as easy as logging into anglaindropshippers C.P, then fantastico, oscommerce and setting up a New install there. But when I log into FTP there is no new directory there, even if I create a new directory during OS install it seems as though FTP is pointing to my old site as the FTP number is different to my new sites FTP number (provided in new login details email).

I know i have the wrong end of the stick !!!

Could you write a list of where I need to start first?

i.e, Starting with Which control panel i need to place this "addon" in?

And bearing in mind the New domain is www.AnglianDropshippers.com

I hope I havn`t blown you away! But as old friend said to me once......

"You Are The Best" ;)

Comment

Ahhhh....The plot thickens !

I have now looked further and may have answered my own question!!

I have gone back to my FTP and seen that when you connect you have server IP options...I must be blind!!
        But it seems that my New FTP ip address isn`t listed TEMPORARY FTP ADDRESS74.86.118.20

Surly then its as simple as doing a new Oscommerce Install then connecting to that FTP IP address above and the publishing my style sheets there

...............I wonder? Look forward to your opinion, Thanks, Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

what is not clear to me from your post above is whether you have purchased ONLY the domain name , or an entire package (domain name plus hosting account).
          From your first post " I have just purchased a second domain name with BV. " i thought that you had only purchased a new domain name, from the last, it is obvious that you got name + account.

If you only purchase a second domain name, there are two things you need to do.

1. Point it to your account, by changing the name servers (through your Vodahost Billing Services control panel, which is independent from your site CP)
          2. Add it, as addon domain, in your account, through your CP.
          If this is the case, as said, during step 2, a folder is created in your public_html. ALL pages - scripts etc for the second domain have to be placed in this folder.

I instead you have purchased a new accouynt+domain name, simple go in this new domain CP and install OSC from there.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X