Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• previous and present publish got mix up

Hi!
    I really don't know what happen to my site.
    I had published mu site.
    I first used dark grey as back ground and combined with some light grey. Then I change to light grey as background combine with khaki color and republish all of them
    Everything looks fine when I view them at IE.
    Go somewhee else, come back and view my site again, first and second publish background colors all got mixed up with each other.
    WHY and WHAT must I do to correct them because I have corrected them and republished the pages few times, look fine but then the problem happen again and again. Please help.
    Thank you.

Re: previous and present publish got mix up

Do they Pre-view okay? One possible solution is to oepn your FTP manager and delete the old page from the server before publishing the new page. Just try one and see....
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
      Do they Pre-view okay? One possible solution is to oepn your FTP manager and delete the old page from the server before publishing the new page. Just try one and see....
      The preview and everything is ok even after published but after I come back from some other sites or using different different computers they mixed up again . OK I will delete the old pages from FTP but how to tell old and new pages coz they are published under the same names.
      Thank you.

Comment

Be sure to save the newer pages before publishing (don't publish straight after Previewing only).

If you are in fact Publishing saved pages, they overwrite previously published pages, and there is no need whatsoever to "remove older pages" from the server. It is obvious that you do not fully understand the processes completely yet....
        Were you to provide a link to your website so we could see specifically what you are dealing with, it would be tremendolusly easier to quickly provide solutions rather than rely on "trial-and-error" methods or pure guesswork....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi General Vasili,
          I do understand the process completely, that new pages will automatically overwrite the old pages when published. However, I do remember a couple of similar instances here on the forum where designers had to delete an old page for some mysterious reason before the new page could be published successfully. Without a link to the site, I was just recommending what has helped others in the past. These recommendations were also made by some of our generals as well and has worked.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X