Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have two domains, do I need two bluevodas

Hello everyone,
    I just purchased another domain and wanted to know if I need to download a separate bluevoda builder for this domain or can I utilize the one I now have for my 1st website?
    AngieE

www.willowwindgifts.com. Name Meaning Personalized Gifts. Original Photographs and Poetry on Bookmarks and Framed.

Re: Have two domains, do I need two bluevodas

You don't need a separate website builder no! You can make a million sites with your website builder if you wanted to... or indeed had the time!

You can also use the one hosting account too by adding the second domain as an add-on, but only as long as they are YOUR sites and not for anyone else.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
      You don't need a separate website builder no! You can make a million sites with your website builder if you wanted to... or indeed had the time!

You can also use the one hosting account too by adding the second domain as an add-on, but only as long as they are YOUR sites and not for anyone else.
      Thank you, Marincky, for your quick reply. Do I set up my new site as I did for the first site in bluevoda or do I need to do something different?
      AngieE

www.willowwindgifts.com. Name Meaning Personalized Gifts. Original Photographs and Poetry on Bookmarks and Framed.

Comment

Originally posted by AngieE View Post
        Thank you, Marincky, for your quick reply. Do I set up my new site as I did for the first site in bluevoda or do I need to do something different?
        Not if you are adding to your hosting account no.

As long as both sites are yours and you are not making one for another person or business you just log in to your CP and then click on addon domains.

In the first box type the domain name without the www.

when you click in the second box down it will automatically create a user/folder name for you. If you don't like that folder name you can change it.

Then enter a password, I recommend using the same password as your original site (the one you use to publish with)

Once your site is added this is how you make a new site.

Create your first home page as you did your first site in the web builder. Name this 'index' just as you did your first site, but when you publish you need to publish it to your new domain.

In the IP address box you leave that the same as your first site.

In the user name you leave this as your first site

In the password you leave this the same (as long as you chose the same password)

but in the last box (folder) you type AFTER the public_html a forward slash (/) and then the folder name of your new site.

I hope this makes sense.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by AngieE View Post
          Hello everyone,
          I just purchased another domain and wanted to know if I need to download a separate bluevoda builder for this domain or can I utilize the one I now have for my 1st website?
          Don't forget that you will need to point this new domain to your voda hosting servers. You can do this by logging into your domain billing and make the changes there ... and you should do this before you add you addon domain.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
            Not if you are adding to your hosting account no.

As long as both sites are yours and you are not making one for another person or business you just log in to your CP and then click on addon domains.

In the first box type the domain name without the www.

when you click in the second box down it will automatically create a user/folder name for you. If you don't like that folder name you can change it.

Then enter a password, I recommend using the same password as your original site (the one you use to publish with)

Once your site is added this is how you make a new site.

Create your first home page as you did your first site in the web builder. Name this 'index' just as you did your first site, but when you publish you need to publish it to your new domain.

In the IP address box you leave that the same as your first site.

In the user name you leave this as your first site

In the password you leave this the same (as long as you chose the same password)

but in the last box (folder) you type AFTER the public_html a forward slash (/) and then the folder name of your new site.

I hope this makes sense.
            I am sorry - I should have told you that my second site was purchased separately from my first. It is not an addon. I went through the forum and saw that there were so many problems with addons and subdomains that I decided to purchase, because I didn't have any problems with my first website and vodahost was having a special price.
            But my question still applies. Can I still use the current website builder or should I download again?
            Thanks.
            AngieE

Comment

Hi Angie,

Trust me there would have been no problems with adding a domain to your existing account, but anyway..too late to say that now ; - )

Yes you use the same website builder, you can't download another one of them anyway.

Comment

Thank you for your help, Marincky and Lady Eye.
                AngieE

Comment

Working...
                X