Anonymous FTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous FTP

I have a site (www.loyalistsatshelburne.com an add-on under windgigs.com) that uses a non-standard font that is in the public domain and want to make the font accessible to viewers of the site.
    I logged into CPanel, went to FTP Manager made sure the Allow Anonymous FTP Acess was checked.
    Uploaded the font to the public_ftp folder.
    In BV setup a hyperlink in this form ftp://ftp.windgigs.com/BLKCHCRY.TTF (also tried with the public_ftp folder in the link as well) and I just get a Cannot Display webpage back from IE.
    I also tried just getting access to the anonymous FTP - ie not specific filename entered, entered it in the IE address line but no joy.
    Question is: Is Anon FTP supported or more likely what stupid thing have I messed up!

Thanks
    John
    CedarAtticVents.com Genuine Cedar Attic Vents, Gable Vents and Shutters in many Standard Designs and Sizes as well as Custom Made to Your Specifications
    HingeAndLatch.com Gate and Door Hardware with the look and feel of yesteryear. Traditional and Antique styles to enhance all your entrance-ways

Re: Anonymous FTP

Forget it - working OK.
    Thx
    CedarAtticVents.com Genuine Cedar Attic Vents, Gable Vents and Shutters in many Standard Designs and Sizes as well as Custom Made to Your Specifications
    HingeAndLatch.com Gate and Door Hardware with the look and feel of yesteryear. Traditional and Antique styles to enhance all your entrance-ways

Comment

John,
      No matter what you do - if the people don't have the font on their OWN computer, their computer will default the font on your website. That is why you should use standard fonts.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

And, there is no reason why you should put it in ftp and allow them access there. Place the file in your public_html, make the link http://www.windgigs.com/BLKCHCRY.TTF and INVITE your users to install the font in their computer, or they will not be able to see the font, as Beth suggested.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval, yup - that's what I did and working fine.
          Beth, yes I well know the issues regarding using non-standard fonts unfortunately in this case it's something i have no control over and it has to be - short of image-ising every instance of the use of the font I can only offer it for download and those that want can install it - those that choose not to will get a substitution.
          John

Comment

Working...
          X