X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with publishing in second account on same computer

Hi,

I know this is probably simple, but I'm totally stumped here. I have a first account which has a index page (which is solely for the purpose of being an index page) with sub pages that are mini-sites.

I have opened a second account for our church's bookstore, in order to build a site for them. I got a new domain name and a totally new account because I want it to be completely separate.

I have had no problems with building or publishing pages so far, but this is my problem. I understand from the forums that I can work both accounts from my one bluevoda webbuilder program. But I can't name the home page for the second account "index", since there is already an index page in my webbuilder for my first account. It asks me if I want to overwrite that one, and I don't.

Advice please? I hope I've stated the problem clearly.

Mark Hillis
    Client ID#18440

Re: Problem with publishing in second account on same computer

Hi Mark

So far you've done things correctly. There is just one tiny thing that you can now do to prevent this ..

On your own computer, make a new folder in your MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA and call this folder the name of your new domain, then when saving the index page that you made for this new domain, browse through your computer and find this folder and store the index file in there for this domain. You just need to make a new folder to store this one in instead.

Good Luck

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks you so much! I'll try that and see how it goes.
      Mark

Comment

This worked great...only one more question! Do I put all subpages in the new folder also or just leave them where they are?

Comment

ANSWER to my own question: I placed everything in the new folder and it works great! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X