Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subdomain publishing and stats

Hi everyone
    I have recently published a subdomain the address comes out as us-sales.gracie-mae.co.uk in the subdomain panel.
    I published it to public_html/us-sales.
    The url of the index page when it has been published comes out as http://www.gracie-mae.co.uk/us-sales/index.html
    I found this by going to c panel,file manager.public html,us-sales and clicking on index this then gives the url as above.
    I cannot get any stats to show in the subdomain stats page, all the subdomain pages come on the main site awstats page.
    I have gone through the forums and tutorials and I appear to have followed the correct procedure but the url of the subdomain does not come out as I expected it to.
    Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong if anything.

allanl
    http://www.gracie-mae.co.uk

Re: subdomain publishing and stats

That is how your subdomain is written and it does come out that way .. but appears that somehow your images are not going with your published pages ... Did you insert your images and publish them along with your page, have you moved your images from their original location?

Oh, I have noticed you have named your images "banner" .. not sure, but I know I have seen a little bit of talk about images being named "banner" (some browsers are not showing them??) and well I think I would rename those images, reinsert and republish those pages to your subdomain again ..

In so far as your stats, might take a few days for this to appear ..

You could always try deleting the sub domain and then adding the subdomain again.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks for the reply.
      I have clicked on the links you have just put on your reply and got unable to show page .
      the address i have to use for the subdomain are

www.gracie-mae.co.uk/us-sales/index.html

allanl

Comment

Originally posted by allanl View Post
        thanks for the reply.
        I have clicked on the links you have just put on your reply and got unable to show page .
        the address i have to use for the subdomain are

allanl

Strange ... both those links show up for me in my above post ... a screenshot of what I see is attached, you will notice the url is

but as I say, your images are not showing up for me ...

anyone else?
        Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I see nothing when I click this www.gracie-mae.co.uk/us-sales/index.html

I see same as lady when I click http://www.us-sales.gracie-mae.co.uk

I also see your site on the two links in the top post. However no images on your site as already stated.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I am using IE and firefox and only get the site with www.gracie-mae.co.uk/us-sales/index.html.
            are you using some other browser
            allanl

Comment

I use IE6 .. but unlike Marincky, I also see this page, which does have your images in tact .. like the page you see ...

I guess that's why they call me the eye, lol ... I see all ... (just humor)

I think you have been publishing to both your main domain and your subdomain maybe with these pages ...

I would start fresh .. removing what I had done and restarting ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

If it helps I have IE7... is this why I am not seeing it? Obviously this issue has to be dealt with as many others will have IE7 too. I just tried FF and now I can see it. Strange!
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I have made a separate folder in bv and published to public-html/us-sales
                  the subdomain appears in the public.html folder in file manager as it should by publishing to that address.
                  none of the us-sales appear anywhere else in my public-html folder.if i had to start again republishing it would probably be the same
                  allanl

Comment

I am using IE6 and firefox I cannot see the url www.us-sales.gracie-mae.co.uk with either
                    I must have got the publishing wrong but I have followed the tutorial for creating a subdomain and publishing to this subdomain.
                    I may put a support ticket in to resolve the matter.
                    allanl

Comment

There seems to be a reason why I can view this page, Marincky can view this page and you cannot .. your browser perhaps maybe cacheing .. TRY hitting F5 several times and reboot your computer to clear your browser .. the page is there - it is published .. have you tried publishing any other pages?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Ladyeye
                        I have published all my pages.
                        www.gracie-mae.co.uk/us-sales/black.html
                        www.gracie-mae.co.uk/us-sales/silver.html
                        www.gracie-mae.co.uk/us-sales/blue.html
                        www.gracie-mae.co.uk/us-sales/green.html
                        and several more that copy the links in my main domain.
                        I have put a support ticket in, they told me it is a fault with microsoft also that the two addresses
                        and www.us-sales.gracie-mae.co.uk point to the same place.
                        Last night I got an error 500 cant find website www.gracie-mae.co.uk this is still on today but I could see the page www.us-sales.gracie-mae.co.uk without the images.
                        I am totally confused now
                        Allanl

Comment

Hi
                          I managed to contact someone else in support they told me to add my subdomain to the hotlink protection this has made the images appear for me at www.us-sales.gracie-mae.co.uk
                          Does everyone else see them? especially IE7 users

Thanks
                          Allan

Comment

Hi Allan

www.us-sales.gracie-mae.co.uk

So this is your sub-domain and you can now view the page and yes, that was a good reply from support to help you with your images showing. I too should have mentioned that ..

Now it appears you have published your sub-domain pages to your main domain.

So I believe, what I would do, would be to log into my control panel, click on file manager, click on public_html and remove those pages that are specifically for your sub-domain .. pages like black.html - silver.html - blue.html .. etc., those pages are the pages you will want to instead publish to public_html/us-sales

You will want to create an index page for this sub-domain, and have on your computer, a separate folder in MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA entitled
                            us-sales - then store all of these .bvp files that you create in this folder, then publish them to public_html/us-sales instead ...

You would then find the url for these pages like this

(this one being the main landing page - index)

and then for other pages ...

etc.

This should work for you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Ladyeye
                              I created a separate folder in bluevoda and an index page
                              I then published the pages for my subdomain to public_html/us-sales
                              but when i go to cpanel/public html/us-sales all the pages are there(none in public_html my main domain) and click on one of the html files it gives the url as http://www.gracie-mae.co.uk/us-sales/index.html

allan

Comment

Working...
                              X